WMP 11 download link for May 17th from MS

WOW, I just learned about WMP11 like yesterday and now come Wednesday they'll be releasing it. I'm sure some of you have already tried it, is it better than WMP10?

Man, they're is something I wish I could turn off, but I can't seem to find the options for.

changing-info.PNG

You see where I have the red square? I wish they'd stop trying to do what iTunes does so much better. Instead of having scrolling text, WMP11 has one-line of text that changes every 2 seconds, wtf?!!. It's incredibly distracting, and I wish I could just turn it off, but I can't.

roninblade said:
can anyone confirm this is the final build?
It didnt say beta anywhere, and seemed to replace WMP10. Thats a good sign, right?

Well I found a temporary solution. Just resize WMP11 until it is a vertical rectangle, eliminating that annoying media info bar/area. Unfortunately this means everything else is also squished, like volume control, but I think it's worth it.

I'll have to remember to check that out. I'm not sure that I'll be paying enough attention to it to notice though myself.

I don't think MS has done any real innovation with Media Player since version 7 or 8.

Sexy ;)

I am looking for software downloads to compliment my new X2 build for when I finally buy it :D

How is it in terms of playing DVDs or ripping audio CDs?

Better layout than 10 or 9. Like how they got the videos and music now in libary setup so I don't have to go through windows exsplorer now. Anyone figure out how to change the background with the album art to black to match the rest? Only thing I don't like is for wmp for dvd's and I wished that they would like give options for 4:3, 16:10 or 16:9 with video's.

Eh, it looks like the counter intuitive oversimplification thing didn't go away and its still hard to find normal options and whatnot...looks like I'll be sticking with foobar and winamp for a while yet.

Is the playback quality any better? WMP10 quality in playing back music was really crappy IMO. Im using Musicmatch and it sounds so much better than WMP10. Is playback improved?

Mav451 said:
Man, they're is something I wish I could turn off, but I can't seem to find the options for.

changing-info.PNG

You see where I have the red square? I wish they'd stop trying to do what iTunes does so much better. Instead of having scrolling text, WMP11 has one-line of text that changes every 2 seconds, wtf?!!. It's incredibly distracting, and I wish I could just turn it off, but I can't.

What? You do know that even WMP10 had that right? And if I remember correctly, WMP10 predates iTunes.

slyven said:
What? You do know that even WMP10 had that right? And if I remember correctly, WMP10 predates iTunes.

Ummmm if my memory serves me correctly WMP10 came out in the fall of 2004 while iTunes was out before that, at least 2003 because I downloaded it then (for Windows that is). Scrolling text isn't that big of deal.

Im not liking it at all. My cpu usage jumps from 10 percent to 93 percent and back to 10 and then to 50 and its keeps going on like that. Looks like MusicMatch for me still.

If it was actually live it would be on the Window Update site, but its not there.

hity645 said:
If it was actually live it would be on the Window Update site, but its not there.

It's a public beta, so it won't be on Windows Update

I just sat down and started to play around with it fully. I must say its really good, Im impressed. I love the aditions to the Music Library, now I can sort through all my music via folder views/artist/album much more easier. By far the best wmp. My cpu usage jumps from 3 to 14 while playing music...doesn't seem to bad.

I tryed installing on laptop, no go. Got some error with drm dll thats got me going wtf. :eek: Only files on this laptop is the music i've ripped from albums bought from amazon. O well i'll wait till they get the final build and try again later. Laptop is HP zv5000 with 3000 amd 754 with nforce chipset and GeforceGo 440 with 64megs.

Back