WMF patch -- Windows users need to act immediately!

eloj

2[H]4U
This is very important, this WMF hole is very very nasty. There's now an unofficial patch out. It should be use in conjunction with unregistering the DLL in question. It's all in the FAQ.

I don't normally post about the latest holes, but this is just so very very bad. People need to patch up ASAP. We have IM worms exploiting this, we have trusted sites getting hacked just to inject the exploit into visiting browsers... don't assume you've got it under control, make sure.

The people who need to read about this are the ones who don't hang out on security forums. This is just increasing the coverage very little, I'm sure. It really needs to hit the "HardForums is down"-page and the front page too.

eloj said:
The people who need to read about this are the ones who don't hang out on security forums. This is just increasing the coverage very little, I'm sure. It really needs to hit the "HardForums is down"-page and the front page too.

So send an email to Rich. They can probably make a Sticky if they deem it necessary.

Otherwise the most appropriate forum is in Security. It makes it harder to have a topic of discussion about it if there is more than one thread in two different forums.

Back