WMC 7 stutters through Movies list

DangerIsGo

2[H]4U
My HTPC specs are follows:
Asus M3A78-EM 780G MB w/ HD3200
AMD AM2 BE-2300 CPU
4GB DDR2-800 G.Skill

I just loaded windows 7 and am starting to use media center (previously from windows xp and a mediaportal combination which worked fine, but meh, had some issues) So I was using <meta>data to get all the meta data for every movie and as I have about 20 -30 done so far, I go back in WMC and view my progress. Looks good, BUT its slow as hell. Before, when there were no images, the list was speedy. Since more images are being added, they are incredibly slow. I open WMC on my main PC:
Intel Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Rampage Formula
4GB OCZ DDR2-800
4870x2 Radeon

And everything scrolls smoothly. They are using the same graphics drives, so its either the graphcs card isnt as powerful enough, or the CPU isnt. I just don't know. Has anyone had any experience with this and what have you done to resolve it, if you have. Also, the case that my HTPC is in is LP so that kinda limits options :p

I use media browser in media center and it works fine for me. It's very responsive.

The same thing happens with me, using MediaBrowser. It chokes scrolling through both my movies and tv shows. I figured it was because I've got like 200 movies and a ton of series all with backgrounds and other images loading. Here are my specs:

Asus M3N78-VM
AMD 4850e
4gb DDR2-800

I figured out what the issue was. So I was getting images through </Meta>Data and they were approximately 3000x2000pixels, very large. So after removing them and getting much smaller images through dvdXML (using WMC to grab images), the experience was much better. I had to OC my GPU and CPU a tad to compensate for using WMC (things started to become desynced during playback), but other than that, so far things have been working well.

holy crap, that's some large cover image. When I get home I'm going to be checking my HTPC and see if they're large too.

Back