With the Steam sale in full swing... how big is your Steam folder?

Ludic

2[H]4U
I'm sitting on 88 games installed for a total of 348.98GB... still have 1.2TB of free space though lol

What about you guys?

358 installed
Drive the Steam installation is on, the folder is 809GB with18.2GB free
On the other drive the folder is 373GB with 1.64TB free

Mines pretty small I only keep a handful of games installed. I found if I installed them all when I got them I would bounce around and never beat anything. So I install a game play it till I beat it then uninstall it. Of course there's games that I keep installed even after I beat them, like Skyrim for example, but for the most part I uninstall games after I'm done with them.

Mines pretty small I only keep a handful of games installed. I found if I installed them all when I got them I would bounce around and never beat anything. So I install a game play it till I beat it then uninstall it. Of course there's games that I keep installed even after I beat them, like Skyrim for example, but for the most part I uninstall games after I'm done with them.

Pretty much this. I use my old 120gb vertex 2 SSD for steam and I have about 10gbs left on it. so about 90gbs.

Very little. I have some games backed up on my external drive, but I'm only going to install stuff that I'm playing. I have a 256GB SSD as my only internal drive so can't have everything installed on it.

Pretty much this. I use my old 120gb vertex 2 SSD for steam and I have about 10gbs left on it. so about 90gbs.

Same, I only keep two or three games installed at a time. Those are the ones I play until I beat them.

I've only bought FTL thus far, I treat DD as an exclusive platform. Any game I want with a physical copy I go for the physical copy.

648gb installed for steam. Like 250gb of non steam/older games. I need another hard drive. Its only 1tb.

I keep only the games I play in Steam folder... after switching to SSD I have to manage the space, and I refuse to install anything that I use on HDD. So no more than 30-40GB

No games yet from the sale. I bought HL2 Ep 1 and Ep 2 before the sale though.
I have
29 Games installed out of 40 games.
185.58GB used, 32.75GB free space.

I also have non steam games on the drive as well. Its a dedicated velociraptor drive.

I own about 144 games on Steam, but only about 6 or 7 installed at the moment. Like the others, only have on what i currently am playing.

As for the sale, I haven't bought anything for myself yet, but have bought gifts for others off their wishlists. :D

Bought 2 more games thus far. I don't buy all that much (7 games total), but it's grown. I fully expect to see AC: Revelations come in at a nice cheap price, in which case I'll definitely pick that up. That, Universe Sandbox, Torchlight II, and Mark of the Ninja should keep me going for a bit.

235 GB

Less than 50% of the games in my library are installed though. Yep, still a long backlog to go

I own about 144 games on Steam, but only about 6 or 7 installed at the moment. Like the others, only have on what i currently am playing.

As for the sale, I haven't bought anything for myself yet, but have bought gifts for others off their wishlists. :D

If you have a decent connection and 128GB or 256GB SSD then this is pretty much the way to do it . Delete the local files for games you're not actively playing, I mean that's the whole beauty of Steam is its only 1-click to reinstall it, leverage that power.

I have about ~120 Games, only about 6 installed.

I run my steam off its own dedicated 150gb Raptor. I need something bigger I am constantly juggling what is installed. I mainly buy the cheap games for rainy days when there is nothing to do and I am bored with what I am playing.

My Steam folder was filling up the majority of a 1TB drive until a couple months ago when I had to replace the drive and decided not to bother downloading EVERYTHING right away. Think I only have around 600GB on there right now.

If I installed every single game I own on Steam at the same time (I just hit the 300-game mark last week) I think it would take up somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.2-1.5 TB.

If you have a decent connection and 128GB or 256GB SSD then this is pretty much the way to do it . Delete the local files for games you're not actively playing, I mean that's the whole beauty of Steam is its only 1-click to reinstall it, leverage that power.

Yeah, this is really the way to do it. I need to look into getting a larger SSD to use for game drive some time soon. The price point should be getting to about the right place pretty soon.

I've not purchased one game yet during this sale. I've learned to not buy games till i'm actually ready to play it. My backlog is 3 games tops!

I reformat my hard drive (complete wipe with no image backup) every 6 months or so...so I only install games that I'm playing currently...no need to have 80-100 games wasting space...I do create backups of saved games for certain open world or long-play games such as Skyrim

56 of 138 installed for 245GB used on a dedicated 2TB. I had Steam on 300GB of drive prior, so still getting used to the fact that I have room for all my games now,

86 games for me on Steam. Only 9 installed that I usually play, they are mostly FPS and the Half Life 2 series.

i dont keep all my games downloaded at once as I use a ssd. and its only 256gb.

im pretty close to 70 games though

138 games, only 24 installed because one of my raid drives died recently and had to reinstall everything.

434gb but some of my games aren't installed. That being said I've had steam since HL2. If I had all games installed somewhere around 500GB.

My steam folder is something like 200GB. Only keep 5-8 games installed at once.

Just checked myself out....wow

$3643.40
Games owned: 305
Games not played: 223 (73%)
Hours spent: 4,086.8h

And 1,440 hours in BFBC2 and over 800 in L4D1/2 combined.

Last edited:
Back