Witcher series 80% off on Steam this weekend

I had to grind through a few levels on both of these games, but in the end they were a great gaming experience. For the cost of a few cups of coffee, you should buy both of these games if you don't own them.

Good lord $3.99 for Witcher 2. Worth it at 10x the price.

This game has never even caught my eye....what is it like?

For a mere $6 of risk, I have to insist that you purchase it immediately with no prior knowledge and just dig right in ;) I still haven't managed to make it all the way through the first one but it's been a lot of fun just winning bar fights and bedding as many NPCs as possible :p

This game has never even caught my eye....what is it like?

Both games are great, to start. I'd call them a cross between nwn2 and gothic/risen, but with better production value. Some of the dialogue is a bit hokey, but more endearing than anything else. The universe in which the game is set is very rich. The first game is definitely getting dated from a graphical perspective, but still holds up; the second has some of the finest graphics and art direction in a big game to date. Gameplay is a bit rigid, but passable.

These prices are a steal.

Witcher 2 had most ball breaking tutorial ever. I should have skipped it.

Witcher 2 had most ball breaking tutorial ever. I should have skipped it.

Was that even possible?

That "tutorial" was easily the hardest part of the game. Final boss fight in comparison was nothing, heh.

Also, WHERE'S WITCHER 3? :(

I did not enjoy witcher 1, never finished it. Poor game play. But witcher 2 is a real gem!!!!

Witcher 2 is an amazing game. It takes balls as a company to make a game that's so filled out, with decisions that matter, that you literally can't experience more than ~1/2 of the game in a single playthrough.

also, tits

Witcher 2 is an amazing game. It takes balls as a company to make a game that's so filled out, with decisions that matter, that you literally can't experience more than ~1/2 of the game in a single playthrough.

also, tits

I'd smash what you'd smash.

The 2 witches in the dwarven city were lesbian right? I cant remember

Both great games, W2 especially. The story and graphics make this immersive and fun, for so little it is a true bargain. W2 works pretty well with NVidia 3D too if you're into that.

It seemed pretty resource hungry, though I suppose most newer cards can handle it ok. It did make my two 580s pretty hot.

So wait, is EE the game and the director's cut something else?

So wait, is EE the game and the director's cut something else?

The Extended Edition is The Witcher 1 plus the free expansion that added a lot of stuff. The Director's Cut is the Extended Edition without the censorship for the North American version.

The Extended Edition is The Witcher 1 plus the free expansion that added a lot of stuff. The Director's Cut is the Extended Edition without the censorship for the North American version.
I was looking at it backwards. I thought they were both Witcher 2.
eCimDt0.png

I picked it up without playing the free weekend at all just because I heard so many good things.

I'm a little disappointed in the combat, it seems a bit awkward to keep things fluid. Is this something you get used to after several hours of playing? I ended up just switching back to skyrim after a couple of harder fights that were kind of overwhelming. I think I would be better off if they added abilities slowly instead of throwing them all at you at the start without giving you any time to master any of them. Or at the very least give magic names that make sense.

I don't think the combats that bad I just thought the game was going to be more story driven and less hack and slash. I feel like I'm playing darksiders with more story added.

I picked it up without playing the free weekend at all just because I heard so many good things.

I'm a little disappointed in the combat, it seems a bit awkward to keep things fluid. Is this something you get used to after several hours of playing? I ended up just switching back to skyrim after a couple of harder fights that were kind of overwhelming. I think I would be better off if they added abilities slowly instead of throwing them all at you at the start without giving you any time to master any of them. Or at the very least give magic names that make sense.

I don't think the combats that bad I just thought the game was going to be more story driven and less hack and slash. I feel like I'm playing darksiders with more story added.

The combat is a bit confusing for me, honestly I wasn't trying very hard to get the combat down since I was more interested in the story (plot) than anything.

But it definitely felt a bit clunky and I never really god used to the magic name thingies. I agree, the tutorial threw them all out at once and i never really caught on.

Back