LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
These look pretty damn good...

8rcXwOF.jpg

DGbBwbm.jpg

iRFNxB0L3yeb1.png

TressFX, anyone?
Thank you CDProjekt
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/28537-New-screenshots-from-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt

I swear the pixels are going to give me a seizure in that last shot.
So much detail, that grass draw distance... WHOA. Looking DAMN good. I'm certainly hyped.

those screenshots don't blow me away but it looks good...looks a bit washed out and grainy...the 2nd screenie looks like Assassin's Creed 3...Witcher 3 is going to be amazing with or without screenshots and marketing hype...a sure thing...my 2nd most anticipated game of 2014 behind ___ ____ _ I don't even need to say the name :D

what, show me any screenshot of Assassin's Creed 3 that looks anywhere near as good as that

I don't think I've ever wanted a game as badly as I want TW3. I'm so damn excited for it.

Just wondering, was the combat in TW2 the same as in the first one? If so, I bet this will be similar and I'll have to pass, or give TW another try. The combat just wasn't for me last I tried it.

And, not sure if this is just due to my smaller screen, but the third shot looks terrible. Things looks really cartoony, and those dead bodies on the left with the blood just look terrible

Last edited by a moderator:
what, show me any screenshot of Assassin's Creed 3 that looks anywhere near as good as that

I'm sure Witcher 3 will look better in-game but my point was that the texture in the buildings and wood plus the grainy-ness look similar to AC3...maybe AC4 would be a better comparison...I actually had a screenshot from AC4 saved so I'll attach that...again I'm not saying AC4 will look better but just commenting on that 2nd Witcher 3 screenshot

Just wondering, was the combat in TW2 the same as in the first one? If so, I bet this will be similar and I'll have to pass, or give TW another try. The combat just wasn't for me last I tried it.

They are completely different. TW2 combat is much more action based to the point of being closer to games such as the Batman Arkham series, as opposed to more "dice rolling" style combat such as the first game.

You wouldn't recognize them as the same game mechanic wise basically if you removed all the "fluff" parts (eg. story, setting, etc.)

I agree with the comment that those screens look a little washed out. But I don't doubt the game will look amazing when it comes out. The Witcher 2 still looks fantastic.

I wish that I was more excited about this game but I was looking forward to the last one and it left a bad taste in my mouth, the consolized controls were awful(QTEs in a freakin' "rpg", are you kidding me?) and the story seemed shallow and disneyfied compared to the first one. I was hoping for another rpg set in the Witcher universe and got an action game set in a watered down version of the Witcher universe, since they had so much difficulty trying to port the first game to console and stated that they wanted to appeal to a broader audience it wasn't surprising but it was disappointing.

I expect this one to go farther down that path so unlike the first two I'll probably wait to get the game until it hits the bargain bin.

my 2nd most anticipated game of 2014 behind ___ ____ _ I don't even need to say the name :D

*counts spaces* ... *compares against 2014 gaming wiki*

What is going to be so great about The Sims 4?

Except for Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, and Planetary Annihilation, all of which are smallish kickstarted games that may or may not turn out fantastic, I do not know of any other 2014-announced games that come anywhere near The Witcher 3's potential...at least I do not recall any at the moment.

Looks nice except for the awful overdose on the sharpening... hopefully we can turn that off.

I still need to finish the Witcher 2 my last save is lost so I would have to start over..

*counts spaces* ... *compares against 2014 gaming wiki*

What is going to be so great about The Sims 4?

Except for Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, and Planetary Annihilation, all of which are smallish kickstarted games that may or may not turn out fantastic, I do not know of any other 2014-announced games that come anywhere near The Witcher 3's potential...at least I do not recall any at the moment.

Dark Souls 2

those screenshots don't blow me away but it looks good...looks a bit washed out and grainy...the 2nd screenie looks like Assassin's Creed 3...Witcher 3 is going to be amazing with or without screenshots and marketing hype...a sure thing...my 2nd most anticipated game of 2014 behind ___ ____ _ I don't even need to say the name :D

I am in the midst of playing tedious creed 3 at the moment and I can safely say that these Witcher 3 screenshots look far more beautiful and appealing compared to the dull landscapes and artwork of the pile of shit you are comparing it to. Uch, game is a complete cluster fuck and undoes all the good things achieved in the Ezio saga.

I'm really, really excited for this game. Once you get a couple hours in the first game becomes full-on epic. The second one was a little wonky at times, but I still had a terrific time with it.
If this one can take the scale of the first game and the pacing of the second - look out!

This game looks very good, but I'll probably wait a month or two after release for them to fix some of the initial launch bugs.

I just reinstalled W2 last night, my save is pretty far along in the game. Its kind of jarring trying to get back into W2 and understand the combat from scratch again. I'm on some fight where I fight 3-4 Nilfgaardian mages in some dungeon. Save is right after a cutscene so I start off right in the fight. One of the Nilfgaardian's is a female in a hood who first tries to make a deal with me.

The only thing that seems to do damage is Igni casts but rolling and dodging doesn't seem to keep me alive long enough to take them all out.

Any tips?

And, not sure if this is just due to my smaller screen, but the third shot looks terrible. Things looks really cartoony, and those dead bodies on the left with the blood just look terrible

They aren't even close. TW2 has much more fluid, action combat. More like a hack n slash. It can also be played perfectly with a 360 pad.

I couldn't get into the first game solely because of the clunky combat. TW2 however is really probably my favorite game ever made. Don't hesitate to try TW2 if the combat was your biggest gripe with the first.

I am in the midst of playing tedious creed 3 at the moment and I can safely say that these Witcher 3 screenshots look far more beautiful and appealing compared to the dull landscapes and artwork of the pile of shit you are comparing it to. Uch, game is a complete cluster fuck and undoes all the good things achieved in the Ezio saga.

again...I'm not comparing the quality of W3 to AC3 or in-game graphics...if you don't see those screenies being washed out/grainy then it's possibly due to your age or that you are not a videophile who notices (or cares)

The trick to the first Witcher's combat is to remember that hitting the different weapon buttons = a toggle between the styles, too.
At first it seems needlessly complicated, but once you realize that 2 toggles replaces the need for 6 different keys, it becomes much easier to relax and have fun with it. Plus, the timing for doing combos is pretty loose.
They start the game with a tutorial level that makes the game appear incredibly daunting, but the styles are easily toggled, the dodge is borderline useless, and the level-up system is better explained online.

I am probably one of the few that thought the combat in the first game was much better than the second. TW2's combat alone made me feel as though my character wasn't really a Witcher but a peasant with a sword. I hope TW3 has a whole new combat system or I probably wont buy it.

I am probably one of the few that thought the combat in the first game was much better than the second. TW2's combat alone made me feel as though my character wasn't really a Witcher but a peasant with a sword. I hope TW3 has a whole new combat system or I probably wont buy it.

Have you played W2 with the combat rebalance patch? Apparently it completely changes the feel of the game, and I'm guessing its the basis of what W3's will be like.

I bought the first two games on steam during a sale. Looks like I need to get around to actually playing them now. Those screens look really impressive. The atmosphere seems like it'll suck you in.

The Witcher 2 (and now 3) have some awesome texture assets. A lot of games these days skimp on texture quality and it makes even an otherwise good looking game look shitty at times.

Have you played W2 with the combat rebalance patch? Apparently it completely changes the feel of the game, and I'm guessing its the basis of what W3's will be like.

No I haven't. Thank you for pointing this out! I really wasn't aware there was a modding scene for TW2 and I thought I was the only crazy person who though the shift to a 'Batman style of counter-dodge-assassins-creed-counter-kill' was a bad way of patching a much larger problem with-in the combat ssytem itself, and lets face it this is a combat oriented game.If you can't get that right then....

I think these shots show why we really need good, affordable sub-25" 4K desktop displays. On a typical 24" 1080p display, this game's going to look pretty janky.

No I haven't. Thank you for pointing this out! I really wasn't aware there was a modding scene for TW2 and I thought I was the only crazy person who though the shift to a 'Batman style of counter-dodge-assassins-creed-counter-kill' was a bad way of patching a much larger problem with-in the combat ssytem itself, and lets face it this is a combat oriented game.If you can't get that right then....

There is a modding scene... but I don't think it's very big. The mod he's talking about, is from one of the developers.

A couple of things, you start with all the basic witcher skills. And skills no longer have a level 2.

This game looks very good, but I'll probably wait a month or two after release for them to fix some of the initial launch bugs.

As this is basically approaching the series in a new format ("open world"), I bet you are right that there will be some game-breaking bugs at release. But you never know...CD Projekt Red has an overall good record and I played The Witcher 2 almost immediately after release without any bugs that I personally encountered/noticed, other than the lack of 16:10 resolutions, which was fixed reasonably fast.

Holy shit:eek:

Regardless of those screenshots looking grainy or washed out it puts any heavily modded Skyrim to shame in the graphics department.

Just fyi anybody here who reads books, the Witcher novels are just as good to even better than the game.

I just reinstalled W2 last night

same here! I had already completed W2 a year or more ago.. was wanting to play something and reloaded it - starting from scratch again. I really like it alot. I didn't even realize W3 was coming out. I'll definitely get it.

Any idea of release date for PC?

Last edited:
same here! I had already completed W2 a year or more ago.. was wanting to play something and reloaded it - starting from scratch again. I really like it alot. I didn't even realize W3 was coming out. I'll definitely get it.

Any idea of release date for PC?

It should be this year, but CDPro is still saying "When it's done."

And if you guys have not seen video of this game, how about some real-time gameplay?

(Set to 1080p, please) THIS LINK BYPASSES YOUTUBES NANNY CHECK)
http://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watch?v=...ew-vl&list=PLa23C9cgXXk0MczCBYTMu_4jVxvtWM335

Watch the ones that are linked at the end too.
Incredible footage. I'm all over this game.

Back