Witcher 3 GTX 970 Framerate Drops

cthulhuiscool

2[H]4U
So I'm running into an issue where I start the game and it runs great (around 60), but after some time, usually 10-20 minutes there is a sharp drop and it won't pick up above 40. Restarting the game doesn't help, but restarting the computer does. I do not have similar issues with any other games, and when monitoring gpu temps, they don't seem that abnormal. Any ideas?

Specs:
Win 7
i5 4670k
16gb ram
evga gtx 970 ssc

Settings are what geforce experience recommends, but with hairworks turned off. @1080

So I'm running into an issue where I start the game and it runs great (around 60), but after some time, usually 10-20 minutes there is a sharp drop and it won't pick up above 40. Restarting the game doesn't help, but restarting the computer does. I do not have similar issues with any other games, and when monitoring gpu temps, they don't seem that abnormal. Any ideas?

Specs:
Win 7
i5 4670k
16gb ram
evga gtx 970 ssc

Settings are what geforce experience recommends, but with hairworks turned off. @1080

Monitor clocks and report back.

Hey cthulhuiscool, I have the same settings as you except, running 4790k..
and I think the problem is that your using gfe....

What resolution you running at ?

in NVidia control panel , under program settings, bring up the profile for w3, and turn
on prefer maximum performance under the power management mode...

Specs:
Win 7
i5 4670k
16gb ram
evga gtx 970 ssc

Since I was kinda looking to upgrade anyway, I went ahead and did a clean install of Win 10, not using GFE this time. When I have time to properly test, I'll report if that solved the issue.

Back