Witcher 3 - Excited?

smc805

Limp Gawd
Hey Everyone,

Just got a GTX 960 4GB a couple of days ago and got the free Witcher 3 D/L code.

I'm honestly just getting back into gaming, and have been really enjoying the open world FPSs. I have mostly been playing Far Cry 3 and Dying Light, and have Alien Isolation ready to start here shortly.

I guess just trying to get some opinions from any RPG fans out there. Are you excited about this game? Is it as epic as all of the hype says it is? Or are you going to pass?

Thanks!

It's the first game I've pre-ordered since the orange box. Yeah, I'm a little excited for TW3! :cool:

Waiting to see some benchmarks to decide what my next GPU will be. It's looking like a 970.

Probably as excited as I was for Skyrim and Guild Wars 2, which says a lot. I loved the first two Witcher games and this one will not disappoint. I've preordered it, which is something I haven't done in quite a while.

Absolutely. In spite of their issues, I had a terrific time with the previous two. I pre-ordered this one more than a year ago as part of a Steam sale bundle. Thanks to all of the GTA delays, I figure I probably won't touch this one until June or July, which is time enough for them to patch out some of the early issues.

I think TW3 is the most excited I've been about a game release in 30 years. This looks like a great year for me since I like The Witcher series, GTA series and Metal Gear series and they're all games you can dump 100s of hours into.

At this point most of us are all aboard the hype train.:eek: there's still a few seats available though:cool:
:D

I would but really don't have the time to play it so not going to buy it......

Was excited because of the older titles that I played and loved and was about to do a preorder (I never preorder :p ) until I've seen a few days ago they have a premium version incoming for extra(no no no CDproject never release paid dlc nonono.... yeah). In this case I can wait until the premium edition gets a heavy discount.

Nope. I never could get into the Witcher games. I tried, several times, but they just never hooked me.

At this point most of us are all aboard the hype train.:eek: there's still a few seats available though:cool:
:D

Lol, awesome. The game wasn't a selling point for me or anything, I just desperately wanted something more powerful than my GTX 750 SC (bought that prematurely).

Since I have it though I've been curious, and some of the game footage looks pretty awesome. I just don't know if I'm ready to pause real life for that yet, lol.

I would but really don't have the time to play it so not going to buy it......

That's the only thing that almost scares me about it. Realistically does it ever end?

I've never played Skyrim or anything, but had heard that that game was similar in that there is so much stuff that it keeps going and going and going..

Buying a new video card when it comes out.
Yes. A hundred times.
AvzCnBS.gif

I was going to preorder it on GOG recently when I suddenly remembered I had already preordered on Amazon (the CE) nearly a year ago.
I'm a fan, but not enough to preorder twice...

That's the only thing that almost scares me about it. Realistically does it ever end?

I've never played Skyrim or anything, but had heard that that game was similar in that there is so much stuff that it keeps going and going and going..

A speed run of Witcher 3 will be 25hrs according to developers. Skyrim is much shorter to “beat”. Now how much you put into everything outside the main story is up to you.

I have a feeling people will find exploits to make a speed run quicker than the devs intend. That said, this game will no doubt be massive and I'm sure I'll be compelled to do all or most of the side stuff just like with Dragon Age 3.

I am excited. I rarely buy a game on day 1, but I trust this dev to get it right.

In open world RPG games, there's always a series of main quest. This is the main storyline of the game. You can consider the game completed once you've concluded the main storyline quest, but that doesn't mean the game stop there and you need to create a new game to play.

You can continue to explore the world, complete any side quest that you did not do. There's a finite number of side quest, so for some people who prefers to achieve 100% completion, they strive to complete all available side quest too. So for them, the game ends once all quests are completed. But of course you can still explore the world as you wish.

I'm not sure if Witcher 3 will be exactly like that, but that is how it was with Elder Scrolls game. I'd imagine Witcher 3 will probably be similar since it's an open world RPG too.

Even with the announcements of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (my #2), Project Cars and SW: Batttlefront... Witcher 3 is still my most anticipated game of this year. I had 2 weeks of vacation to burn before July, so I took a week just for this game. I've played both the previous games multiple times and read all the books that have been translated to English thus far (3 more coming soon, the first with the release of the game). You might say I'm excited. :p

There is something about the "feel" of a Witcher game, it is different from any other. Skyrim and Dragon Age were good, but I preferred Wither 2 by far. Maybe I just felt like I was playing an adult character, instead of a child dressed up as an adult. I like that they train you, but don't really hold your hand. I like that I can be diplomatic or hard ass. I like that they don't apologize for the complexity of the story, but at the same time they don't completely leave you hanging to figure it out either. The games have their flaws, but over-all they are simply well done.

I have a feeling people will find exploits to make a speed run quicker than the devs intend.

The devs weren't stating a speed run estimate as a "beat our time" challenge to the no-lifers. Thus exploits and glitches are irrelevant. It was a marketing statement to give perspective on the length of the game - that even if you rushed through and did bare minimum you'd still be looking at 25hours, which is massive.

just ordered a new gfx card (gtx960) and i get the witcher 3 for free - which was the main reason to buy a new card. cant wait, though i havent played the witcher 1 or 2, only kept up with the story through playthroughs

Sort of. Made a big thread about The Witcher 2 just a few days back. I found the combat/menu/movement to be underwhelming. I liked the story choices though. Ended up putting it on easy and just rushed through the last portion of the game. Overall I thought it was an okay game.

I'll wait and see how the third one turns out to be. If they minimize the QTE stuff, make movement more free & dynamic then I'll look into it. I can't imagine the limited "press mouse 1 to climb down" movement would work well in an open world game, so I hope that was changed.

Less than 2 weeks! When is the PC NDA ending so we can get some benchmarks??

I'm starting to regret buying the game early, since it looks like any GPU I buy in the next few weeks will come with free extra copy. Oops.

I'm still pretty sure a 4gb 970 will be the best balance of performance and price for me in this game; but if, like some are hoping, this game trounces even the best cards on the market today, I may just stick with my 760 and wait through yet another generation...

Less than 2 weeks! When is the PC NDA ending so we can get some benchmarks??

I'm starting to regret buying the game early, since it looks like any GPU I buy in the next few weeks will come with free extra copy. Oops.

I'm still pretty sure a 4gb 970 will be the best balance of performance and price for me in this game; but if, like some are hoping, this game trounces even the best cards on the market today, I may just stick with my 760 and wait through yet another generation...

They can't fly by soon enough! Seriously, at this point I'd love some more footage to drool over too, lol.

Yeah, I got mine as a free copy w/ a 4gb 960. I'm hoping I can at least handle that at 1080p with High settings...?? I have an i7 4770k, I'm thinking my biggest issue right now is my RAM (Playing Far Cry 3, Dying Light, and other random smaller/older games has been fine on 4GB , but its freaking ridiculous and unbalanced. I need to just max out my board and be done with it).

Assuming I get some more RAM in time, what would your opinion be of a 960 playing at 1080 w/ high or medium high? Is that game seriously just brutal on any hardware?

I just glanced over the requirements on the Steam listing, says GTX660 min, 770 recommended. So my guess is my 760 will run it fine on medium settings at 1080, might be able to run on high by lowering the resolution, or just getting by with 30-40 fps. My CPU is also the miniumum, so I'll definitely need to double-check my overclock.

Guessing the 960 will run it on high at 1080 just fine, maybe 40-50fps range, probably a good bit smoother with 4GB vram. That's just purely my speculation.

And we're still hoping for an ultra-level setting on PC, which will probably require a 980, Titan, SLI, or something that doesn't exist yet. We can still dream for another few days. :D

Oh, and it does require 8GB of RAM - I'd definitely put in that much at least, but ram is cheap these days, might as well go with 16gb.

TW2 is one of my favorite games. I've played through it four times now. I honestly don't think I've ever been more excited for a video game than TW3.

I already warned my wife, after this drops, she's pretty much dead to me for a week.

I already warned my wife, after this drops, she's pretty much dead to me for a week.

Lol, that hilarious.

I've not played any of the Witcher games. Though I have recently been reading the first book and enjoying it. I've really gotten into it, and would love to try the previous games... No need to start those first though with such little time : )

Lol, that hilarious.

I've not played any of the Witcher games. Though I have recently been reading the first book and enjoying it. I've really gotten into it, and would love to try the previous games... No need to start those first though with such little time : )

There are actually a few Witcher 1 & 2 story recap videos on youtube for W3 bandwagon noobs.

There are actually a few Witcher 1 & 2 story recap videos on youtube for W3 bandwagon noobs.

Don't hate on those of us who were ignorant. I've only recently lifted myself up into the master race. And really only recently got back into gaming.

Before getting my 960 I had no idea it even existed : /

I've not played any of the Witcher games. Though I have recently been reading the first book and enjoying it. I've really gotten into it

I played the first game before reading the book, but when I did I was impressed with how true to the atmosphere and direction of the book the game had been.

I played the first game before reading the book, but when I did I was impressed with how true to the atmosphere and direction of the book the game had been.

That's really exciting to hear. I'm almost done with the first book and have really enjoyed it. The book has sucked me in pretty well, and I'm sure the game will only pull me in further, lol.

This is not really my kind of game but I bought a copy to try it out.
My father is 70 and likes these kinds of games and he pre-ordered a hard copy a week or so ago.

Guess I need to finish up the Witcher 2...off to find a trolls head or soemthing.

Got the new one for free with my gtx 970

I like his clueless gamer bit, but this one is the worst one...

It wasn't as funny. Maybe it's because I generally don't like Conan.

Back