Witcher 3 780ti SLI 3240 x 1920 performance

Aaron_ATX

[H]ard|Gawd
IS POOPIE!!!

Wow, I must say no other game has even come close to kicking my setup in its digital junk like witcher 3.

basically averaging 19-30 fps with most settings ultra and high, hairworks on the main char only. Both cards showing 90+ % usage and 95% power. Vram usage never went higher than 2700.

Only done a small amount of jacking with the settings but did manage to get something i'd considerable kinda playable @ an average of 30 fps.

Guess ill have to ditch the surround and try 1920 x1080 like I was trapped in 2013 or some other god awful ancient past time I clearly don't remember being apart of.

Using 347.88 driver, as the two released after (including the one with the game ready w3 drivers) do not function correctly with sli and surround....resolutions are recognised incorrectly, nvcp takes 1-3 minutes to repsond to almost every change you make...

I have not actually tried to run the 352.86 driver with witcher 3, as anything in the 35x.xx series of drivers is a massive hassle due to what I typed above...

Hmm.

IS POOPIE!!!

Wow, I must say no other game has even come close to kicking my setup in its digital junk like witcher 3.

basically averaging 19-30 fps with most settings ultra and high, hairworks on the main char only. Both cards showing 90+ % usage and 95% power. Vram usage never went higher than 2700.

Only done a small amount of jacking with the settings but did manage to get something i'd considerable kinda playable @ an average of 30 fps.

Guess ill have to ditch the surround and try 1920 x1080 like I was trapped in 2013 or some other god awful ancient past time I clearly don't remember being apart of.

Using 347.88 driver, as the two released after (including the one with the game ready w3 drivers) do not function correctly with sli and surround....resolutions are recognised incorrectly, nvcp takes 1-3 minutes to repsond to almost every change you make...

I have not actually tried to run the 352.86 driver with witcher 3, as anything in the 35x.xx series of drivers is a massive hassle due to what I typed above...

Hmm.

Had same problems with surround and 3240x1920 since gta driver. I ended up installing the updated drivers through geforce experience app instead of drivers off the website and nv surround is working this time and has my 75hz custom resolutions.

I have 290x crossfire and haven't even updated the driver to get crossfire working. I have ultra everything except hair works @ 1440p and it's butter. I don't understand what everyone is complaining about.

I would imagine that patches and driver updates will improve the performance a lot, considering the game was just released. SLI setups would see more of a difference also.

SLI setups would see more of a difference also.

Not sure about this part right here. Maybe I'm wrong, but my take is if the usage rate for each card is up near 90-100%, it's about as good as it's going to get for SLI. CDPR and Nvidia really had their shit together on this launch, IMO. My 980s were humming along right at 7pm EST when the game launched.

Then again, all around driver/game optimizations are sure to help in the future, as you say. I'm just not expecting huge gains.

if you do update the driver, ill be curious to see if your performance drops.

there is a shitstorm that "might" be brewing because "it appears" that kepler's relative performance vs. maxwell and AMD has taken a massive kick to the nuts.

fingers crossed that it's a driver issue, cause otherwise my 780ti sli setup just lost a few hundred dollars in value overnight.

we're talking about it over here:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1862343&page=13

Back