Witcher 2 - $23.99 - From GOG - Starts 12/08 - Includes Witcher EE

tlkimball

Limp Gawd
Grabbed from Joystiq:

Classic game distributor (and CD Projekt portal) GOG isn't one to be left out of the holiday discount phenomenon. The site revealed its sales plans for the rest of the month, including a free copy of The Witcher with Witcher 2 downloads, and a 50 percent discount on "virtually" its whole catalog.

Buy The Witcher 2 ($23.99, down from $39.99), get a free copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. (Deal available for 48 hours starting 6 a.m. ET, Thursday, December 8.)

Free download of Empire Earth Gold Edition (Deal available for 48 hours starting 6 a.m. ET, Monday, December 12.)

"Virtually" every game in the GOG catalog half-off (Deal begins Monday, December 12 and runs through January 2.)

Meh, Witcher 1 has been 2.50 on steam and elsewhere lately (I bought a copy on steam). Witcher 2 was 16 at Amazon with a free $5 to spend on another game in January.

i think i'll just buy it on gog just to support the DRM free revolution...even though its not the cheapest

i don't mind paying a tad extra...i know i'm in good hands...gog and cd projekt red is probably the only company left that is legit to their customers...even beating out steam....yes steam service sucks....it takes them a week to respond to support tickets....i mean really?

i think i'll just buy it on gog just to support the DRM free revolution...even though its not the cheapest

i don't mind paying a tad extra...i know i'm in good hands...gog and cd projekt red is probably the only company left that is legit to their customers...even beating out steam....yes steam service sucks....it takes them a week to respond to support tickets....i mean really?

I very much agree. They are still supporting the community and they are staunch supporters of the DRM-free movement. I think they have mentioned that they will be bringing newer titles to GOG - without DRM.

The price isn't that bad. The Empire Earth Gold (for free) is a pretty good deal, too!

Already picked this up from Amazon for $16. Finished Witcher 1, by no means was it that great. Witcher 2 is much better... reminds me somewhat of the older Gothic games. Downside is I find it still buggy in some areas (can't update to latest 2.1 patch, NPC's following you can get you stuck, and setting graphics to max causes constrant crashes, etc). Overall well worth anything under $30 and probably one of the few that will eventually get a second play through.

yes 2012 marks the year that gog will be bringing newer games DRM free...note I said newer and not NEW games...because its pretty much impossible to get new games DRM free these days

I for one, glad to see gog growing at an astronomical rate...they said they want to rival steam as the #2 alternative....I was actually fine with steam and didn't mind using their service...until I found out they skimped out on their service SO BAD....I mean come on now, with all that money and just skimping out on customer service like that? i know most people will be fine with steam sales and what not....but for those that REALLY need tech support or customer support, Steam really did screw up here....the CSR i chatted through e-mail was an absolute joke

Back