Wishlist for Steam Summer Sale

Finally checked off the last game from my target list. Was gunning for 40k Space marine, Batman AC + Harley Quinn, Beyond Good and Evil, Alan Wake, UT3. Now it's time to blow the budget on other games that I probably don't need. Definitely bought more this sale than others, but that's more because I have a job this sale instead of being a broke student... :)

I went in thinking "yeah whatever, like a lot of people I've probably got pretty much got everything I would want to get".
Alan Wake, F3AR333, Crysis 2 later....
And then I bought FEAR too, just to have a copy on Steam because I have no idea where my CDs (remember them?) are.
One way or another, they get me every time.

An indie bundle that I don't have four of the five games already. Damn you, prior Steam sales!

Picked up:
FEAR3
Assassins creed Rev.
Hard Reset
Alan Wake.

Really hoping for that Arma2 CO sale. I figure it will be a final day thing if it happens.

Ish. So far:

Max Payne 3
Need for Speed for the kid
Amnesia
Dreamfall/TLJ
Just Cause 2
Portal 2
Bang Bang racing

If I like Torchlight will I like Magicka?

If I like Torchlight will I like Magicka?

Maybe, but it's not really the same. Torchlight is a pretty standard Diablo 2-esque ARPG whereas Magicka is sort of an action/adventure game. Co-op in Magicka is really fun as well, sometimes it almost feels necessary for some of the more difficult parts of the game.

They're both worth getting, IMO.

No, they're completely different games. I wouldn't bother with Magicka unless you're going to play it co-op.

Agreed, magicka is only worth it co-op. Although one of my friends ruined it when they continually used the lightning one shot mechanic that also sometimes kills your friends. He just kept using it as his only spell and everyone grew tired dying/not having a single challenge within seconds and we haven't played it since.

I've decided to be a lot more conservative this time around. I had originally planned to hit these games up if they were in the $10 range:

Witcher 1
Witcher 2
Batman: AC
Space Marine
Kingdoms of Amalur
Fallout 3 Complete
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Alan Wake
Krater
Endless Space
Dead Island
Rage
Dead Space 1&2
Deus Ex HR
King Arthur 1&2
Civilization V DLC
Tropico 4 & DLC
Max Payne 3

Of that list, I've only purchased Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate. I'm considering the Civilization V DLC as it can be had for about $10 right now (excluding Gods and Kings) but I don't know the next time I'm going to play it. My limited play time will only get more limited as I head back to University for a second degree this fall.

What time I have now I typically spend on games like Diablo 3 and BF3. They're easy to jump in and out of, with little consequence of leaving mid-game. When I have time to play, I'd like to finish up Skyrim, Batman Arkham Asylum, DiRT 3, Borderlands, and many others.

Maybe I'll pick something up in the next day or two, if there is a fantastic sale on a new title. But I think I'll be willing to wait for "Game of the Year" and "Complete" editions when they arrive in future steam sales. So many games, so little time.

Thinking about Oblivion deluxe at 6 bucks to mod up. Played the hell out of Skyrim and the F3/NV.

With the sudden rise of popularity for Arma 2 thanks to Dayz, I don't see the game going on bigger sales this time around. :(

Thinking about Oblivion deluxe at 6 bucks to mod up. Played the hell out of Skyrim and the F3/NV.

You might try Morrowind if you haven't already. If you're going to go back and play the old games anyway, I mean. Though Oblivion has a ton of stuff to do and is still a great choice, especially with all the mods.

Magicka is a blast co-op. Too much fun.

You might try Morrowind if you haven't already. If you're going to go back and play the old games anyway, I mean. Though Oblivion has a ton of stuff to do and is still a great choice, especially with all the mods.

Very much agreed

Well ARMA II is a daily like everyone figured. I wouldn't mind seeing thier sales reports and earnings before and after dayZ.

I had a BLAST playing Serious Sam 3 through with a friend. I give it 2 thumbs up!

So I bought:

Shoot Many Robots (HIGHLY recommend this, so fun!)
Bulletstorm
The Witcher 2
Super Meat Boy
Payday: Heist
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Torchlight

I ended up getting a few items off my wanted list:
Civ V All Expansions Except God's and Kings
Fallout 3 Game of the Year
Fallout 3 New Vegas Ultimate Edition
The Witcher Enhanced Edition

Spent $29.73

I figure I made out well considering Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition is normally $39.99 alone.

Overall
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition Paid $9.99 Regular $39.99
Civilization V DLC Paid $12.26 Regular $49.39
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Paid $2.49 Regular $9.99
Fallout 3 Game of the Year Paid $4.99 Regular $19.99
Total Paid $29.73 Total Regular Price $119.36
Total Discount 75.1%

Last edited:
damage report:

L.A. Noire Complete Edition $7.49
Saints Row: The Third $12.49
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 $2.49
Darksiders $4.99
Batman Arkham City $10.19
Darkness II (ROW) $12.49
Fallout: New Vegas $4.99
Metro 2033 $4.99
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $4.99

TOTAL: $65.11

I ended up grabbing Driver San Francisco as I already had most of the other A+ games. It's pretty decent, but nothing too amazing. Worth $7.50 though, since it looks good and runs well. It should make for mindless fun here and there. I'm still tempted to get Alan Wake, even though I have the 360 version. It's a game I'd like to revisit.

I started playing Hitman Blood Money and LA Noire. I'm pretty impressed with both so far.

I started playing Hitman Blood Money and LA Noire. I'm pretty impressed with both so far.

Hitman Blood Money is an all time classic.

LA Noire...my opinion of it went upwards here as of late. I had tried it when it first came out on the PS3 and it just didn't take for me.

I bought the complete for $7.50 on a recent Steam sale and I came at it fresh with no preconceptions and went in ready for it...and damn if I didn't really enjoy it. I played it like watching an episode of a good movie or something.

There's a number of concepts they tried in this game that I hope get perfected and show up in other games down the road.

hitman YESS

LA Noire is a ton of fun. my brother and i have been playing it because we make decisions when interrogating together its awesome. the facial expressions are crazy, not only that but the faces actually look like the person.. theres one guy you talk to who is in the TV show Heroes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Grunberg you can totally tell its him its crazy as shit.

L.A. Noire is great at first. I won’t offer any plot spoilers, but it definitely falls off once you leave homicide. It’s as though they had a ton of great ideas and mechanics but blew everything in the first 40% of the game. The last sections offer nothing new and are very anticlimactic. The acting is still top notch, though. I didn’t play the DLC, so hopefully that’s closer to the earlier sections.

I’d probably compare L.A. Noire with Alan Wake. Great at first, but you pretty much see and do everything too early in the game.

Why did I buy Rage? ughhh. Such a waste of 10 bucks. I have never felt so disconnected from a game environment when playing. It's. Sooo. Bad.

That is all. :eek:

LA Noire is a ton of fun. my brother and i have been playing it because we make decisions when interrogating together its awesome. the facial expressions are crazy, not only that but the faces actually look like the person.. theres one guy you talk to who is in the TV show Heroes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Grunberg you can totally tell its him its crazy as shit.

Yup, I recognized him immediately.

Character animations are good as I've ever seen anywhere in a game. This deserves major kudos for that.

L.A. Noire is great at first. I won’t offer any plot spoilers, but it definitely falls off once you leave homicide. It’s as though they had a ton of great ideas and mechanics but blew everything in the first 40% of the game. The last sections offer nothing new and are very anticlimactic. The acting is still top notch, though. I didn’t play the DLC, so hopefully that’s closer to the earlier sections.

I’d probably compare L.A. Noire with Alan Wake. Great at first, but you pretty much see and do everything too early in the game.

Vice actually wasn't that bad. Your partner is a strong character but once you get to the end of Vice, THAT is definiely when things fall off the rails a bit IMO. There was still enough going on there that made me want to finish the game but I really look at this game that...6-12 more months of work really could have yielded a unique masterpiece. There's a lot there to like and there's some concepts they tried in there that I really want to see show up in future games.

I'd love to have a game where you could be this Sherlock Holmes like detective but in a big GTA like free world where you live the life of this guy. As you go along, you can continue to Mr. Boy Scout or maybe take some shortcuts, take a bribe here and there, or even worse. Each decision has pros and cons and you deal with the consequences. You can come and go from the main storyline as you see fit like you would in GTA.

Everything is up to you how you want to handle it and you get to face the consequences of whatever you do. Lots of complicated decisions. Everything isn't always black or white like real life.

Lots of potential there. You can probably tell from my post I've been thinking about it. ;)

I'd love to have a game where you could be this Sherlock Holmes like detective but in a big GTA like free world where you live the life of this guy. As you go along, you can continue to Mr. Boy Scout or maybe take some shortcuts, take a bribe here and there, or even worse. Each decision has pros and cons and you deal with the consequences. You can come and go from the main storyline as you see fit like you would in GTA.

Everything is up to you how you want to handle it and you get to face the consequences of whatever you do. Lots of complicated decisions. Everything isn't always black or white like real life.

Lots of potential there. You can probably tell from my post I've been thinking about it. ;)

I'd like to have something like this too, this sounds like a solid idea. Ever since I played Heavy Rain and gotten to know the older detective guy, and then played some L.A. Noire, I wanted a game where you could have free reign over how you go about solving a mission. I mean, GTA does it, but I want to be a cop who bends the rules damn it!

I'd like to have something like this too, this sounds like a solid idea. Ever since I played Heavy Rain and gotten to know the older detective guy, and then played some L.A. Noire, I wanted a game where you could have free reign over how you go about solving a mission. I mean, GTA does it, but I want to be a cop who bends the rules damn it!

And I want the thing to be sophisticated and deep like those games you cited.

It doesn't have to be just "a GTA clone with a cop" nor do I want it to be just that. (Although that'd be fun)

You know what I mean?

And I want the thing to be sophisticated and deep like those games you cited.

It doesn't have to be just "a GTA clone with a cop" nor do I want it to be just that. (Although that'd be fun)

You know what I mean?

I'm picking up what you're putting down. Also it should rain a lot. Should be depressing, but in a good way. Good way = Strong Atmosphere. ;)

On a "things you can do in the game" note, you should be able to eat/work-out ;), I miss doing that in GTA:San Andreas.

I want to be jacked to high heaven and beat up on people.

I'm picking up what you're putting down. Also it should rain a lot. Should be depressing, but in a good way. Good way = Strong Atmosphere. ;)

Not too much, though. ;)

I like color, daylight, and variety. Realistic weather and day/night cycles would be great, though. :)

On a "things you can do in the game" note, you should be able to eat/work-out ;), I miss doing that in GTA:San Andreas.

I want to be jacked to high heaven and beat up on people.

All we'd need after that is Agent 47's Superman X-Ray vision from Hitman Absolution and we'd be all set. :D

*runs away*

If they wanted to DRM it have daily quests that you can do separate from the main story. Petty robbery happened on Lincoln Avenue. Get your super sleuth shoes on and solve the case before sundown.

Back