Wishlist for Steam Summer Sale

If you can go back and play Half Life 2, VTMB isn't that far behind graphically.

The reason Parmenides mentions that it isn't Twilight is because it is basically the anti Twilight. The game is based on a good PnP IP, a good setting, and a good background of lore.

Didn't notice till just now, but the daily deal ends 15 minutes earlier than it normally would. I wonder why... :eek:

Last edited:
Some pretty meh deals if that's really the Summer Sale...RAGE still like $18. $40 for Skyrim...

Maybe they will have daily deals as well.

double u tee eff on the main page the bottom right corner game "We're sorry this game is not available in your region"

EDIT: Error seems to be gone now but steam's website is dying all over the place.

Some pretty meh deals if that's really the Summer Sale...RAGE still like $18. $40 for Skyrim...

Maybe they will have daily deals as well.

Word... not a great start. I feel like most of these games have already been sold at these prices or cheaper in daily deals and previous sales.

Ridge Racer, for example, interests me, but I passed on it a few weeks ago as a daily deal also for $25.

Also, the flash deals... Mafia II for $7.50. I paid $5 for it probably a year ago in a Steam sale. Rayman was just 50% off not to long ago. Dues Ex for $7.50 is a good buy, but I am pretty sure it has been that cheap before also.

Well, 33% is common for "all other" titles during major sales event.

The real deals are in the daily deals, and the new flash deals.

Gah...these isn't really that many good deals today... It's just stuff which has been cheaper in other places. :(

Gah...these isn't really that many good deals today... It's just stuff which has been cheaper in other places. :(

That's what I'm thinking, but I'm not giving up hope that Gabe will somehow separate me from my money.

Shogun for 7 euro.... yum, yum, yum :)
Got also Portal / Portal 2 and Warlock

The rest of it is meh.... though I'm considering the Empire at War pack - lost the EaW cd, and I really liked that game.

Spent $ 1.77 on Just Cause 2 DLC. The new sniper / assault rifle and Monster Truck are sweet!

Heard good things about that Ridge Racer game... thoughts?

It looks fun, but not for $25. It's been that price once already in a daily deal and I passed. Being that Ridge Racer is not a PC franchise, I cannot imagine it's selling a ton of copies. I'm sort of surprised it's sat at $50 for as long as it has TBH, and I don't think it will be long before you see it on sale for $10-$15. Unless your dying to play it, I'd just sit tight. I know I am.

Not on fire for anything I'm seeing so far.

Not that it counts, but amazon has Sniper Elite V2 for $15 today... and I just couldn't pass it up. :D I'm considering it part of my self-allotted Steam spending. I am mulling over the idea of Modern Warfare 3. I played the shit out of MW1, and a fair bit of MW2 too. Black ops though, I just plain hated. I paid full price for it, and I think I played it for about 2 hours. That pretty well turned me off of the COD games... but the last time there was a free MW3 weekend I actually had fun playing it. I think for $30, I'd probably enjoy the game, it's more a question of how much I'd really chose to play it over BF3. So i'm going to think on it for the night and see where the morning takes me.

Not that it counts, but amazon has Sniper Elite V2 for $15 today... and I just couldn't pass it up. :D I'm considering it part of my self-allotted Steam spending. I am mulling over the idea of Modern Warfare 3. I played the shit out of MW1, and a fair bit of MW2 too. Black ops though, I just plain hated. I paid full price for it, and I think I played it for about 2 hours. That pretty well turned me off of the COD games... but the last time there was a free MW3 weekend I actually had fun playing it. I think for $30, I'd probably enjoy the game, it's more a question of how much I'd really chose to play it over BF3. So i'm going to think on it for the night and see where the morning takes me.

i couldnt pass it up either :p though i am a bit worried since i already spent $30 and its only the first day, and there's still a few games im waiting on :eek:

Same. Waiting for Rage to hit $5-7 and maybe pick up The Witcher 2, though the first one never really held my attention that much...

If your into that sort of game, do it and don't think twice. I tried so hard to get into the first game and just couldn't. I put about 3 hours in and stopped. Everyone told me to go farther, so I started over and got 5-6 hours in. I just couldn't get into it, so I quit there. The Witcher 2 though... it's a freaking masterpiece. Easily one of my highest regarded games of all time. I've got about 50 hours logged in it, which may not sound like a lot, but I cannot think of a single dull moment from those 50 hours. I've got no doubts I'll be back at some point for a third go.

Sniper V2 is awesome. I love that game.

Amazon's sale has been excellent all month. Considerably better prices on things like Max Payne 3 and Spec Ops, too.

It looks fun, but not for $25. It's been that price once already in a daily deal and I passed. Being that Ridge Racer is not a PC franchise, I cannot imagine it's selling a ton of copies. I'm sort of surprised it's sat at $50 for as long as it has TBH, and I don't think it will be long before you see it on sale for $10-$15. Unless your dying to play it, I'd just sit tight. I know I am.

I tried the demo. Liked what I saw but not blown away. Can't really get the controls down. 2 races in a row I'm 12/12 tells me it's probably not for me.

Burnout Paradise was the last arcade racer I really got into.

None of those apply to me, but I still never played it, and never will. I've heard nothing but praise for this game... problem is, vampires just don't do it for me in any capacity, which leaves my interest level rather low. Toss in the fact that the game is very dated at this point, and I just don't know that I'd be able to get into it. For someone who played it 8 years ago, the nostalgia helps you look past the graphics. For a new player, its a bit tougher. I occasionally pick up PS1/PS2 era games, and really dig old NES/SNES games also. But I'm not playing new games from those era's, i'm revisiting old ones that I enjoyed back when they were new. It's vastly different.

I know what you're talking about with playing games that have outdated graphics for the first time but I never played the game until last fall and while I wasn't blown away by the graphics I was impressed that they were as good as they were. The game was so good that I started a second playthrough(malkavian) as soon as I finished the first one, I believe morrowind was the last game I did that with.

The flash sales seem like an interesting addition to the sale but I'm not sure what to think of them dropping the activities, a lot of the activities and rewards were lame but they added another interesting element to the sales.

If your into that sort of game, do it and don't think twice. I tried so hard to get into the first game and just couldn't. I put about 3 hours in and stopped. Everyone told me to go farther, so I started over and got 5-6 hours in. I just couldn't get into it, so I quit there. The Witcher 2 though... it's a freaking masterpiece. Easily one of my highest regarded games of all time. I've got about 50 hours logged in it, which may not sound like a lot, but I cannot think of a single dull moment from those 50 hours. I've got no doubts I'll be back at some point for a third go.

Agreed. The first one just didn't hook me... Steam says I have about 3 hours in it, and that's on and off attempting to get into it... while I have 86 hours with TW2 (I started with TW2, then bought TW afterward as I liked the second one so much). Plus, I feel good about supporting CD Projekt Red. I definitely need to re-install it and try out some of the EE content.

How are the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed games? I see that the second one is now a flash sale.

Picked up Legend of Grimrock and Saints Row the Third for 75% off. I wonder if Anno 2070 will get a decent sale this time.

Yeah, I saw your post about not being into vampires. If it were a more modern game, then your right, I could probably look past it. But the combination of an unappealing setting with dated visuals makes the initial process of getting immersed difficult. I may be missing out, but I just don't have the desire to play it no matter how much praise it gets.

I didn't really find it to be all that great. I played just past the haunted hotel and was pretty meh about the game the whole time. It's a pretty cool game but I didn't find it to be much fun.

So far I've picked up a copy of Terraria for my son and Warlock during the flash sale. About the only game I'm waiting on to drop a little more is Arma2; I'm hoping it will drop to $15ish.

i would love to see a deal on Krater .... but its still at full price atm.

Keep alternating back and forth between this and Amazon's digital download sales. Frankly, Amazon has been doing better on a number of titles including several that I keep seeing people mention they want around here.

Back