Wisconsin Company Offers Employees Microchip Implants

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by monkeymagick, Jul 26, 2017.

1. ccmfreak2

ccmfreak2 Limp Gawd

I'm surprised there are so many people here against this idea of a simple RFID chip. It's pretty much a purely convenience factor much more convenient than trying to remember my badge every day. Everyone acts like this is the worst thing in the world, but it's more low-tech than most artificial organs or glucose monitoring implants.

Seelenlos likes this.
  2. ChoGGi

ChoGGi [H]ard|Gawd

I think it's more about the perceived risks of embedding something in your body, something you don't need that is.
    I'd consider those slightly more important than unlocking my computer/getting snacks from the vending machine.

Jim Kim and GoldenTiger like this.
  3. dburgo

dburgo n00b

lol, I'm sorry but I completely agree, chipping for privileges, and snacks is something I wouldn't even do to a monkey I am putting into orbit. So, what, now your system admin can deliberate your diet AND access into PC and closets? Give me a break... No Thank you, I'll take my credentials elsewhere.

4. lcpiper

lcpiper [H]ardForum Junkie

"I man was mugged today on the transit, nothing too unusual in that, except that the mugger cut off the victim's hand"

"It is not yet known why the mugger took the victims hand but left him his wallet and phone"

"More at nine"

5. nilepez

nilepez [H]ardForum Junkie

I get the convenience factor, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a Guinea pig. Isn't this basically what they did in Gattaca?

6. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

7. Exercate

Exercate Limp Gawd

Resistance is Futile !!!

Krenum likes this.
  8. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Your life as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service, us.

9. theplaidfad

theplaidfad Lurker

Human. We used to be exactly like them. Flawed, weak, organic. But we evolved to include the synthetic. Now we use both to attain perfection.

nilepez and Krenum like this.