Wiring new location - cabinet location

Transition

Limp Gawd
We'll be doing the low-voltage for our new location shortly. I'm going to use a small 8U cabinet that i've used before to put the patch panel, switch and router in ( see pic below ):

139091800_2ed3c3296f.jpg

Since the location is fairly small ( 25 feet wide by 100 feet long ) we don't have a lot of extra space around to dedicate to a network closet. We have fairly high ceilings in our office 'pit' area ( 13' ) and we were thinking about mounting the cabinet ~8-10ft high to keep it out of the way. The good part about this is the wall we want to mount on is permanent (part of the building structure). See below picture for construction photo:

522444470_b935c43067.jpg

The bad part about this, is restarts or service work needs to be done on a ladder (inconvenient).

Is there any other reasons why i shouldn't mount the cabinet so high (besides inconvenience) that someone can talk me out of?

Yes, near the ceiling will be a bit warmer but should still be within operational guidelines of the equipment. The cabinet is actively vented as well so air circulation will be good.

Back