Wiretap Theater Update [July 2009]

w1retap

[H]F Junkie
I just wanted to give people an update on what my current status is.

The theater is working out great. I've installed Windows 7 RC onto my HTPC and I'm loving it. :cool:

For those that don't have the thread and might be new, here's some info:
Wiretap's Home Theater [worklog]
Wiretap Theater [complete]

Quick specs:

Home Theater PC:
Asus M2A-VM 690g Motherboard
AMD Athlon X2 5000+ 65nm Brisbane
Scythe Ninja Mini [Fanless]
2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4
Asus 8600GT HDCP [Fanless]
SoundBlaster X-fi XtremeMusic
Seagate 250GB SATA2 [OS Drive]
Seagate 750GB SATA2 [Storage Drive]
LG Blu-ray/HD DVD Combo Drive
Antec NSK2400 with VL System L.I.S. MCE VFD Screen
Windows 7 Ultimate x86

Main Theater Room:
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 1080p
Custom 105'' 16:9 Ratio Fixed Screen
Onkyo TX-SR605 Receiver
Yambeka Audio 7 Point Surround Sound
BIC Acoustech H100 Subwoofer
Belkin PureAV PF60
Custom Home Theater PC
DirecTV HD Satellite (Choice Xtra + HD Pack)
6 Leather Recliners w/ Cupholders [Interior Express]

Here's a few videos I took. Sorry, some of them are short.

^--The theater.

^--Projector

^--Receiver

^--HTPC

^--DirecTV HD

^--Belkin PureAV

^--Weather via Heatwave Plug-in for 7MC

^--MediaBrowser showing movies list with Diamond theme (still needs some slight quirks ironed out---still it's first beta)

^--MediaBrowser playing a movie (Austin Powers in 1080p h264 mkv with 5.1 AC3)

^--MediaBrowser showing TV series

^--MediaBrowser - iTunes high definition movie trailer plug-in

^--MediaBrowser - Podcasts plug-in

i love those genere icons... did you make them?

can i get them?

:)

also it looks like mediabrowser is preloading the metadata and the cover logos. it seems a lot faster of browser

Last edited:
That is very nice :)

Can I ask: do you have FFDShow upmix 5.1 to 7.1 for movies that don't have it? (since I know the 605 won't do it itself for PCM)

can i get them?

also it looks like mediabrowser is preloading the metadata and the cover logos. it seems a lot faster of browser
The logos I found on the MediaBrowser forums. There's about 100 some odd different logos for all sorts of categories. But yes, it does preload metadata and pictures. With the new update they screwed up the way it loads though, and sometimes art and metadata doesn't appear instantly. It should be fixed next update. The software is still in beta, and that's my only complaint. It was fine before the new update though, lol.

That is very nice :)

Can I ask: do you have FFDShow upmix 5.1 to 7.1 for movies that don't have it? (since I know the 605 won't do it itself for PCM)
I listen to my movies and shows in their native sound whenever possible. I do not upmix. But yes, I tried it with FFDshow and it does work.

can i get them?

Xzener has his own thread over at avsforum. His does do requests if you ask nicely. He has all of his Icons rar'd up into one file and available from his dropbox account. The url for it is in his sig.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1124671

Very nice Charlie, though I beat you in the receiver category! (aha, by one model number!!!!)

hey w1retap, don't forget the mediainfo plugin so you can see codecs and resolutions for your movies as you scroll along. Its in the mediabrowser configuration (plugin tab).

hey w1retap, don't forget the mediainfo plugin so you can see codecs and resolutions for your movies as you scroll along. Its in the mediabrowser configuration (plugin tab).
I didn't like it. The logos are too large and cover up parts of the cover art. It also takes up space in the synopsis area. If it didn't appear on cover art and I could make it about 1/3 the size, that would be nice.

Back