Wiress Computer to TV connection? Possible?

Ub3rn00b

[H]ard|Gawd
Here's what someone I know wants to do. Problem is I don't konw if the technology to do this exists yet. Hopefully someone on the forums can help me out a bit here.

1) She wants to have a computer in a room hooked up to a monitor and everything normally.

2) She wants to have a wireless mouse and keyboard hooked up to the same computer while displaying the computer's output on a TV in a different room. She also wants to be able to use the computer on the monitor and on the TV at the same time using a differnet mouse and keyboard at the same time.

Now, forget about the "using two mice and keyboards at the same time" issue for a minute and let's focus on the video out problem.

I currently am able to play video and audio files wirelessly to my TV through my PC using TVersity, my XBOX 360 and a wireless router. The 360 is not connected to the TV wireless of course.

In order just to play audio and video files through the TV without an XBOX 360, are there any products that can do that? Some sort of media reciver that you can hook up to a wireless home network and then hook it up to your TV and play stuff that way?

If that works, well that's just audio and video. I order to have a full wireless TV out on your computer, you'd have to have some sort of wireless video transmitter and then you'd have to have some sort of wireless video receiver with the ability to hook up to a TV set. Does anything like that exist yet?

So in all...she wants to have full computer functionality upstairs on the computer while having full computer functionality on a TV downstairs at the same time....and she wants to do this all wirelessly. Possibly ?

they make media center extenders but to my knowledge they require mce2005 and none of them will work with Vista. Netgear just released an HD streamer but it costs as much as an XBOX360.

Edit: I just remembered that at work we have our projector connected to some vga over ethernet adapters. I forgot who makes them so I can't look up what they cost. I did find this one google. Ethernet will be easier to run. I don't know if wireless solution exists.

thanks for the link....looks like it's just using ethernet cable to run the VGA line. So I'd need an adapter on the other end of the cable as well....but still would have to be cable...but we might be able to run through the walls or somethin. Another option is to wait another 3 to 5 years and wait until the technology I'm looking for exists..

Back