Wireless Xbox 360 Controller for Windows- $35 @ Amazon (Lightning Deal)

damn all claimed. I've been needing another wireless controller/reciever for my htpc

I just need the official dongle, those damn chinese dongles suck.

Thank goodness I missed this bought this a few weeks back because I couldn't wait. It works great!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
are there any 3rd party controllers that are better?
i'm out of the loop, so any suggestions would be great

I've seen the Microsoft dongles for $20 at Amazon.

Microsoft stopped selling the receivers separately quite some time ago. The only way to get an official Microsoft receiver is to get the wireless Xbox 360 controller for Windows.

Just buy a third party wired controller and call it a day. I got the afterglow lighted one for $30 and it works just as well as the OEM controller

Just buy a third party wired controller and call it a day. I got the afterglow lighted one for $30 and it works just as well as the OEM controller
Just buy an official wired xbox controller. It works perfect right out of the box. lol

PS3 controller with MotionJoy driver, in 360 emulation mode it makes games think it's a 360 controller and is auto setup. No crappy Dpad, and for some, no need to go buy anything. I use it over USB.

The driver team suggests a specific bluetooth unit. I ordered one and hope it comes soon. Might even have wireless up and running here for $10.

Just an option for those looking at buying something. You might not have to. I have the wireless adapter doo hickey too, but I barely ever use it now (don't want to sell it tho).

PS3 controller with MotionJoy driver, in 360 emulation mode it makes games think it's a 360 controller and is auto setup. No crappy Dpad, and for some, no need to go buy anything. I use it over USB.

The driver team suggests a specific bluetooth unit. I ordered one and hope it comes soon. Might even have wireless up and running here for $10.

Just an option for those looking at buying something. You might not have to. I have the wireless adapter doo hickey too, but I barely ever use it now (don't want to sell it tho).

They actually have a list of usb bluetooth adapters that will work, or at least they did. I'm using some Azio one that I got on sale for like $8. Works just fine. I much prefer using the PS3 controller and using it wireless. Less cables is always better.

Although the software seems to forget that it's using 360 emulation. It's selected by default but each time I turn on the controller it just has it listed as a generic gamepad (have to check it from the properties window). So I have to click "Enable" then I click on "Game Control Panel" or something to verify it's seeing it as the 360 controller. Not a big deal just something to be aware of.

For what it is worth, I have a Madcatz wired one that I bought when the system was young. It is very good for a 3rd party controller and since it is licensed, it uses the same plug and play drivers as the official one. Use it all the time for PC games and it still works like day one.

For what it is worth, I have a Madcatz wired one that I bought when the system was young. It is very good for a 3rd party controller and since it is licensed, it uses the same plug and play drivers as the official one. Use it all the time for PC games and it still works like day one.

So does the afterglow controller. When I installed it Windows downloaded the MS driver suite

Back