Wireless + wired network and internet + resources sharing: help before kill self

OK, here's the setup (all XP boxes :/....):

Host PC (currently Shuttle with 2.8GHz P4) connected to la Intrweb with a USB ADSL modem at 512kbps with ICS. This PC has integrated 10/100 ethernet NIC, PLUS a PCI HomePNA 10Mb NIC. Then there's a wireless G router/acces point (connected to the ethernet NIC, more of which in a tick)

Various other puters in house:

Desktop connected with HomePNA NIC

Laptop connected with HomePNA PC Card NIC

couple more lappies with b and g wireliss NICs.

OK, so we a had USR wireless router and access point which i was using to share the internet connection via ICS on the host rig. Had the DHCP server in the USR box turned off and was connected to the host rig on one of the four LAN ports and everthing groovy - internet and resources shared.

had to reinstall host box and could no longer get the USR to do anything - managed to kill it pressing reset button the wrong way apparently, what a piece of crap. Anyhoo...have new router (not USR but same functionality) and still no go.

So here's a little info (and this is the same as the setup that used to work so go figure) - the HomePNA card on the host box is selected as the adapter for internet sharing (IP 192.168.0.1). Access point set to 192.168.0.254, DHCP off, connected to host rig via ethernet and.....jack shit, no internet or resources of anything on the wireless clients (they have no trouble seeing or connecting to the AP, but just can't see anything when they are connected). Oh, and the ICS and everything else working fine for the systems on the HomePNA network.

So, was thinking, should i be bridging the ethernet and homePNA so both share 192.168.0.1??? Tried it but didnt seem to work, but if that's what I should be doing maybe I could give it another try.

There's prolly something freaking obvious I'm missing, can anyone help???

Back