Wireless WAN PC Express Card?

Scheizekopf

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a new laptop. Averatec 2370. Upgraded from Averatec 3125.

Old one has regular PC Card.
New one has PC Express Card.

I have and use a Cingular wireless card which is the original PC Card. I pay $60/month for this shit and cant use it on my new laptop.

I looked up the best I could to see when a new card will be available and no luck.

Any help?
Thanks in advance.

Im quite amazed the carriers haven't gotten new cards out on expresscard for how long the format has been around. But I haven't heard anything on ETAs either.

Even worse news now. Well I was using the new laptop at work cause there was an open wireless lan. Now it's gone and the new laptop is worthless here. :mad: :mad:

Back to my old laptop which is MUCH slower. :(

that one is verizon only.
IIRC they have a sprint version too.
No edge/HSDPA versions (cingular) yet AFAIK.

www.evdoforums.com <<<--- The best place for this kind of question and more than enough information to shake sticks at...

And Express Cards do exist, they have for some time now.

One.

Two.

There are other threads there, but considering Cingular's broadband WAN service is like the proverbial drop in the bucket compared to Sprint and Verizon combined, that's the most likely reason you don't - or won't - see that much about it unless Cingular gets off its dead ass and gets serious.

Which I don't see happening anytime soon because they're already so far behind...

ps
www.expresscard.org is supposed to be a vendor-neutral Express Card information site. Might prove useful to you, I don't know.

Back