wireless suppliment client - odyssey alternatives?

dandirk

[H]ard|Gawd
So we have a wireless issue at a major university where I work. We have wireless locations in which our devices (iPAQs) are constantly trying to switch networks for which they were not configured for.

Usually this is not too much of a problem becuase the devices would reconnect to the proper network. BUT we have a few locations in which there are anywhere from 60-94 APs in range, a majority of which our devices can't and shouldn't use.

We have found in these high interference areas, the standard windows wireless client will fail to reconnect to ANY network after being disconnected (it will say a bunch are availailb e but will not reconnect to any of them automatically), a reboot will allow the device to reconnect though.

We have tested an application called Odyssey Access Client created by Junk but now aquired by Juniper Network (http://www.juniper.net/products/aaa/odyssey/)

This software essentially allows us to force our iPAQs to connect only to our wireless network. It has gone well and test results are good for the last few weeks.

I am now in charge of finding some alternate software to test and compare before we purchase. I know Aegis has a client but it looks to require a server, this we do not need...

Any suggestions to look at?

Back