Wireless Router

-(Xyphox)-

Supreme [H]ardness
I am looking for a cheap but good wireless router with adjustable wireless powers

That sticky does not have any posts that i saw that have routers where you can adjust the powers in them

That sticky does not have any posts that i saw that have routers where you can adjust the powers in them

I believe that DD-WRT supports transmit power adjustment. Any router supported by DD-WRT should allow you to adjust the transmission strength if you flash it with that firmware.

If you want a recommendation for a router that has stock firmware that supports transmission power adjustment, I can't help you.

I haven't seen any with stock/default firmware which allow cranking up the transmit power, only via 3rd party firmwares such as DD or Tomato. Look at their HCL.

I haven't seen any with stock/default firmware which allow cranking up the transmit power, only via 3rd party firmwares such as DD or Tomato. Look at their HCL.

I don't actually use them, and I can't even remember the exact model number, but the D-Link routers the wireless company here sells has stock firmware that allows you to adjust transmit power. Kind of surprised me. I'd look on D-Link's website if you're not into a custom firmware.

Back