Wireless router won't let me see the rest of the network

DonInKansas

Supreme [H]ardness
My boss has a WRT150N that he wants to add to our network. The line coming into this router comes from a switch which all of our other computers/printer are connected to. The router transmits the internet fine, but I cannot access the LAN when connecting through the router. The printer has a static IP. All internet traffic comes through a hardware firewall which is between the outside world and the switch. When I connect the line going into the router straight into a computer, the computer can see the network/print/whatnot fine.

It's late, I'm tired, and probably did not give enough information for any help. I will add more info tomorrow

is that line connecting to the "internet" or "wan" port on the wrt150n router by any chance? if so, try connecting it to a regular lan port and see if that helps.

You want to configure the router as an access point by disabling its DHCP server. Also, nothing should be plugged into the rotuer's WAN/Internet port, but into one of its LAN ports instead as serpretetsky said.

This is done on the Basic Setup page by switching the "DHCP Server" radio button to disabled.

That worked to get printing/networking done, but I have a computer plugged into that router needing internet and there's no internet with that setup.

as long as you're not using the WAN/Internet port of the router and have DHCP turned off, it's acting as nothing more than a switch and AP.

do a release/renew on the machine, or at least verify it's getting an IP from your network DHCP and not holding on to a router-provided 192.168.x.y address?

Back