Wireless router capable of getting through 2 or 3 cement walls and 50-75 feet?

Citizen86

Supreme [H]ardness
Any chance of a router available right now being able to get a decent signal through 3 cement walls and 75 feet away? Seems tough, but I haven't kept up with these new Wireless-N routers at all. My laptop has wireless-n, but my modem/router doesn't.

Probably not a decent connection?

Quick reply. I like the one comment for the router:

Bill Jones - January 20th, 2009 at 3:21 pm PST
I have tried these out and they are not what they are played up to be. Does anyone have some enlightenment?

Yea I just googled "powerful wifi router". The Hawking antennae are worth looking in to though.

Thanks. I think Wireless-N would be the way to go now... along with an extender probably.

Thanks YeOldeStonecat. If you're referring to these, I think we're going to need to pick up a new router, as our provider gives us these, and they suck.

Thanks YeOldeStonecat. If you're referring to these, I think we're going to need to pick up a new router, as our provider gives us these, and they suck.

Ugh...2Wire units....yeah I can't stand those things. Whenever clients of mine get those with their biz package when they sign up, they go right in the garbage, substitited with Siemens Speedstreams in pure bridged mode.

I would think a directional antenna (as opposed to an omi-directional) would be a better idea, no?

We're going to check, but my friend thinks he has an old Linksys WRT54G router at home... with the upgraded antennas, the connection should be strong even through all that cement?

Get an Engenius unit wifi-n or wifi-g, 600mw internal antenna, then get the Engenius 200mw usb wifi for the desktops.

I have been using them and. Are very reliable.

I just setup a house that has a garage/office about 70ft away, with an engenius wifi bridge between houses and then a engenius wifi n in the main house crazy range on that thing

Back