Wireless networking ? please help me!

fusionrs

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, so im setting up this wireless router for a guy I know. He has a computer in the back running windows 98 that we are going to hook the printer up to so he can use his 2 laptops around the offices and not have anything attached to them. The wireless router is a belkin. Not my choice he just happend to buy the belkin. Well I plugged it in and got it working on the hard wired computer running 98 but it will not find the network. I have checked the SSID and all that crap and nothing works. Please help me. They have wireless network cards built into these 2 lap tops. Ok another quick ? he doesn't have interenet he mainly wants it to be able to print to the server computer and not worry about cords. BTW I can access the the router fine and I am getting an IP address from the router through the server. Yet the wireless computers arent finding the network? Any advice. It's really late and ive worked 12 hours today. Sorry if it is a hard read

Another ? do i need a switch or a hub, if i have no internet. To get the wireless routers to work please help?

Thanks

doesn't sound like a wireless problem, if your trying to browse windows shares, you'll need to be using client for microsoft networking, netbeui, and have a common workgroup.

Ok basic question. Can the two lap tops pings the Win98 PC that is hardwired to the wireless router? If so then the network piece is working fine. You have a windows networking problem. Make client for microsoft networks and file and print sharing is enabled on all the computers. Also make sure they are all in the same workgroup. Either of these will break it, you need both.

Back