Wireless Network Continuously Dropping (Since Vista)

Sucka

Gawd
Just recently installed Vista Ultimate 32bit to my Dell E1405 laptop (Intel 3945ABG WiFi card). Downloaded/installed all the latest drivers from Dell's site. For the first three days i didn't have a single dropped connection. Now over the past 4 days i will be online for a few hours sometimes, sometimes less, and then constant dropped connections start. Usually about every 5 minutes or so. Sometimes it won't reconnect for several minutes before finnaly coming back on. Occasionally my network (or the others in my area) won't even show up for that period of time. Sometimes my network will show, but be called "Unnamed Network". Internet still works on my XP machines, no changes to properties. Worked great prior to Vista.

Router is a WRT54GS v1.0 with the "latest" firmware (4/06 release). It is listed under their Vista Ready list, but doesn't specify which versions. After the firmware upgrade today i was connected for about 3 hours, then bam it starts again. Consistent tcpip and dhcp messages in the event viewer stating that i'm connected and assigned an ip blah blah, these show up every 3-5 minutes along with the disconnects. Is this Vista not playing well with my laptop, or my router not playing with Vista?

Thanks

I'm having somewhat the same problem because I just bought a Vista Ultimate pc. On my network I have a Linksys Wireless-B Broadband Router BEFW11S4; and it will not connect to my XP Pro machine on the network. I saw it for about 3 days and then My XP pc and my laptop vanished. And I could never see my Vista pc from "My network places on the XP Machine.

Some more info, see if someone can't give me an idea here...

I have another laptop running XP, and when the connection drops on Vista, it also drops on the XP laptop (but not wired computer).

Both laptops have the same internal wifi card, so i swapped them, still drops.

I replaced my router thinking maybe it was just bad luck that my router went bad at the same time i upgraded to Vista, still drops. (going to return it of course now).

I was online for about 7 hours last night with a buddy on his laptop (Also Vista) with no drops, just adding to the fact, it is completely random.

So what could be the problem? Is there anyway that a OS can affect wireless like this? I have searched around, posted at Linksys, talked to their tech support, trouble shot this the best i know how, and i can't figure this out.

Back