Wireless Mouse with 2.5GHz and Bluetooth Modes?

Boris_yo

Limp Gawd
Looks like I am behind mice tech. I recently saw mice that incorporate wireless 2.5GHz radio frequency mode and also Bluetooth 3 and 5 mode.

I think it makes mice versatile and gives them broad compatibility with different devices to work with. Like my PC may not have Bluetooth but I can still connect to its USB port. My TV streamer might not have USB port but have Bluetooth port. I might lose USB connector but still avail of Bluetooth mode.

Does that mean I should look for mouse that has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modes of connection for "future proofing"? If I plan to get Xiaomi streamer should I aim for Bluetooth mouse only or both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi mouse?

Thanks

One more question. I want an ergonomic budget mouse for office use, for on the go, with broader compatibility. Should I get one of known brand or lesser known brands will do the job? Maybe I can find something good on AliExpress?

Mice are kind of like tires for your car.
  • Cost has a large impact on the quality of tires/mice and it affects product life - to a certain extent.
  • Tires/mice are your interface to the road/desk surface. Skimping out will likely result in poor control and performance.
  • Tires/mice are durable items but are considered replaceable as they generally won't outlive the vehicle/computer.
If having a Bluetooth and wireless transceiver option is a feature you want or may want in the future, go for it.
There may be some good Aliexpress mice out there but in my experience every time I have cheaped out I have been burnt and ultimately get the higher cost item later anyways.
Unless a low budget is a huge constraint getting a mouse that has the features you want from a reputable brand with good reviews would be the best bet
I would recommend the dual wireless Logitech G604.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Unless a low budget is a huge constraint getting a mouse that has the features you want from a reputable brand with good reviews would be the best bet
I would recommend the dual wireless Logitech G604.

Welp! $55 on Amazon only from 3rd party scalpers while $126 in my country. Must be a popular mice. Maybe I should go for Xiaomi Mi Dual?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Another option would be to use a Bluetooth mouse and pack a USB Bluetooth dongle, for those PCs that lack Bluetooth.

Back