Wireless Keyboard+Mouse for HTPC?

shurcooL

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

Are there any full-size wireless keyboards with a mouse device built-in. I'm mostly interested in the IBM/Lenovo-style TrackPoint (pointing stick), something like this:

imageyk.jpg

I'm looking to use it to control from a couch a computer hooked up to a big HDTV, for things like surfing and email, etc.

Are there any widely available models? Please recommend me some.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've got the PS3 Mediaboard which is a bluetooth keyboard, but instead of a numberpad on the side its got a touchpad similar to a laptops.

I have the IOGear keyboard mentioned above and I've been pretty happy with it as well.

if you want full sized keyboard a Logitech Dinovo Edge is what I was using.

lenovo keyboard/trackball remote is great.... i own 3 and they are good build quaility

For lightweight use if you have a smartphone it most likely has an app. I'm using the xbmc android remote and another app to send mouse and it works well so far.

I need it for more heavyweight/comfortable usage; I want a full size keyboard.

Right now I'm most likely going to go with the IOGear Keyboard+Trackball suggestion. I can't seem to find anything better in the sub-$100 range.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I use a microsoft desktop elite for bluetooth for my htpc. a little bit older of a keyboard now but does great and can be found pretty cheap out there. Has mouse like capabilites on the board and tons of hot keys that work great for the htpc

I've got the PS3 Mediaboard which is a bluetooth keyboard, but instead of a numberpad on the side its got a touchpad similar to a laptops.

I also use this. I enjoy having a full size keyboard for when I'm surfing or doing other desktop work on my htpc. I put that away most of the time and control media center primarily via. HippoRemote on an old iPhone that I leave in the living room.

The last 3 suggestions: Thanks, but I need a full-size keyboard, not a mini one. I will be using the HTPC as a normal computer, except with a TV instead of a monitor; not just for watching movies.

The only difference is that I will use the keyboard on my lap, not a table, so it needs to have a mouse device built in.

So far I still don't see any better options than the IOGear keyboard+trackball for me. Oh yeah, I really wanna pay as little $$ for this, so <$100 is a high priority.

I have the lenovo. They often have sales so you can get them shipped for about $35. a little hard to use with my big hands but overall much easier than keeping a wireless keyboard/mouse around.

audirs, thanks for the suggestions! Those look a lot like what I wanted.

However, based on their reviews on newegg, it seems the IOGear keyboard is still the best choice.

Back