Wireless Internet + LAN issue

Kenrin

n00b
so I just moved apartments and I have a new wireless internet connection. I have 3 computers, a laptop, a gaming rig, and my multi-purpose HTPC + File server.

I want my WRT54G linksys to get the connection from my HTPC/file server's WIC and share it to my other 2 computers. Or, I want my linksys to intercept the wireless signal and give out addresses to my 3 computers.

I've fiddled around with the settings but can't seem to get things right. either my file server will have an internet connection through the wireless and not be connected to the router or will be connected to the router and not have internet. I know you guys are smart so help me ;P

Well after about 2 hours of searching I fiddled around with the IP settings giving them all static ones. finally under my wireless cards IP settings, under "alternate settings" I got it to connect to my LAN. Still working on getting it to share the internet connection though.

EDIT - Got it! settings up internet connection sharing without a gateway and turning off the DHCP server on the router i can connection any client to it and will pull an address from the computer. yay

i dont get what you trying to do, why aren't you having the router do the ICS?

Back