Wireless In-Ear Headphones (Powerbeats2 / Jaybirds / etc. for Gym and such)

Melee

Gawd
First off, I'm not sure if this is the correct section and I apologize if not. It was the only audio section on here.

I am looking for a great pair of headphones that are wireless (Bluetooth I'm sure) and sit in my ear well enough so that they don't slide out. I will be using these for the Gym, doing chores around the house, working on my car, etc. They will be my headphones for when I am moving around. I have tried these things with Apple Earbuds and they constantly fall out which I cannot stand.

I was considering picking up the Powerbeats2 as they supposedly have decent sound and will not fall out of your ear once seated properly. I know the Jaybird Bluebuds are highly revered but I've read many reviews stating they have the same identical problem to the Apple ones of falling out during physical activity.

What would you guys recommend? Are the Powerbeats2 worth the price, great for staying in while moving, and do they have decent sound quality *AND* Isolation (at least somewhat) to drown own ambient noise while at the gym or elsewhere?

I'm mainly asking are there any alternative options besides these two that are worth mentioning and if not, which of these two would you recommend and why?

Thanks for the help!

I picked up a pair of Sony SBH80's for use at work based on good reviews and I've been satisfied with them. I usually use custom IEMs (64 Audio V6-Stage or CustomArt Ei.XX) with my portables, but the SBH80's are good enough that I don't feel I'm missing much.

One thing of note was that I didn't think they were great with the stock tips. I'm using spinfits. YMMV

I've owned the jaybirds and powerbeats2.

The jaybirds are clearer for vocal and sound I think marginally better than the powerbeats. The issue is they NEVER would stay in my ears once I began sweating.

The powerbeats2 with the over ear hooks are great and comfortable. The only issue I have with them is they do not sound as crisp as the jaybirds and are more bassy.

Thank you so much for the replies.

sayu, are they rated to be resistant or warrantied against sweat and/or water? That's a main factor for me as these will be used frequently for working out and running.

Brando, you basically stated exactly what I was thinking and what my conclusion has come to be from everything I've read. Everyone loves the Jaybirds but I always hear they're difficult to fit properly and even when you do, they are tough to keep in during physical activity. The PowerBeats2 seem to be not as perfect in audio quality but at least admirable for wireless bluetooth headphones and much better suited for working out.

The real question is......What Color PowerBeats do I get? lol

In the end, I guess I can either order both, compare, and return whatever I don't like or just order the PB2 and exchange them if needed.

Are there any other brands or models that fly under the radar which are as good or better? These are really the only two I can find a lot of information on.

Thanks!

Have you looked into the Bragi?

I have not. I know quite a lot about mid to high end over ear audiophile type headphones but I know absolutely nothing about wireless bluetooth headphones. I just finally got sick of the wire getting caught on stuff or not being long enough to reach from my phone to my ears comfortably while working out so I finally decided enough is enough. lol It's time for wireless.

I will google them now but feel free to post any information you have on them.

Thanks!

I have not. I know quite a lot about mid to high end over ear audiophile type headphones but I know absolutely nothing about wireless bluetooth headphones. I just finally got sick of the wire getting caught on stuff or not being long enough to reach from my phone to my ears comfortably while working out so I finally decided enough is enough. lol It's time for wireless.

I will google them now but feel free to post any information you have on them.

Thanks!

I don't know much about them myself. I know they don't use Bluetooth and are pretty much brand new.

The only wireless in ears I've owned for a little while and used were the Sleek Audio SA6 wireless setup. It used the KLEER technology but I don't know if they are still available. I wouldn't recommend it for exercise due to how it was made, but the sound was killer.

I have a $20 pair of blue tooth headphones. I think $20-$50 is the sweet spot for gym headphones. They will get damaged and I really can't comment on the sound quality when I'm running or lifting.

Some of the sound quality reviews I have read in regards to exercise headphones are ridiculous. They aren't reference headphones.

I have the JayBirds, they sucked staying in the ear with the stock tips, but if you replace the tips, they stay in MUCH better

Grab these:
http://www.amazon.com/Comply-T-500-..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0S9BTJ2DVDXJ7E2GARQB

They're foam so they compress and fit in your ear a bit better. The sound is very good on the JayBirds (better than Beats IMO, I only have limited listening in fairness). Note though, with the foam tips they block out most all ambient noise, this is awesome for a noise gym (I can hear dialog from netflix on reasonable volumes and not have it drowned out by the treadmill), but it's a bit worrisome when running outside because you don't really hear the cars at all!

I keep seeing good things about Mpow bluetooth headphones too, tempted to get some for running since they look to NOT block out ambient noise... AND the price is right
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back