Wireless G vs. Draft N Speeds?

AMD_RULES

2[H]4U
I currently have a Buffalo WHR-HP-54g wireless router with Tomato v.19. It is a solid and reliable router. Better than my previous Linksys model. The wireless is pretty fast. I've been looking to possibly buy a wireless N router to replace it since they have faster speeds and range. Is the speed something I will notice a difference compared to the Buffalo? As far as the range, if I will hardly see a speed such as web page load times, etc, I'll just buy another Buffalo off ebay and bridge them...

Thanks!

your not gonna notice a difference internet wise, but over lan transfers you should see a difference, your internet (unless corporate) is nowhere near maxing out wireless g, you got a good router, btw your network will work at the speed of the slowest component, so your gonna need to get a wireless n compatible adapter(s) if you want to make the change

I don't do too much data transfer over my LAN right now and when I do the files aren't huge. I'll stick with my router then. Thanks

I agree, the only benefit would be if you had internet fast enough to need more, or if you were getting a crap signal because of range and needed N.

damn AMD_Rules tons of question on these routers, just add a second one, it will have more range then any Draft N gear.

damn AMD_Rules tons of question on these routers, just add a second one, it will have more range then any Draft N gear.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. :D

Just go buy another one and setup WDS. No need for N unless you need the range or are going to take advantage of the increased bandwidth for transferring files, streaming media, etc.

Back