Wireless Driver

-(Xyphox)-

Supreme [H]ardness
HI Everyone
I am working on a Compaq Presario F730US with a broadcom wireless card
I decided to go to windows 7 from vista to help the laptop run better.
Problem is, Windows 7 does not see the wireless car installed. I've tried the vista drivers with no luck. I've removed the work and reinstalled it. I know it worked with Vista.
The model of the card is BCM94311MCG
Can someone help me find some driver for it.

Windows 7 x86 or x64 bit? Does the device show up in Device Manager with an exclamation to it or completely missing? If its completely missing then I'd say there's something wrong with the card. The OS should at least detect there is a device without a driver.

Windows 7 x86 or x64 bit? Does the device show up in Device Manager with an exclamation to it or completely missing? If its completely missing then I'd say there's something wrong with the card. The OS should at least detect there is a device without a driver.

32bit OS, Card does not even show up in device manager. Was working before i did the switch to 7. I was thinking maybe the card died too but its not like a wifi card just to up and die...

Check the wire connections to the card itself. It's usually by the memory on the bottom of the laptop, accessed by unscrewing one of the little hatches. If I had $20 for every time someone brought me a laptop with a "dead" wireless card when in reality they just got a little rough with it and knocked one of the wires from the card's terminals, I'd have ... well, probably $200-300. But seriously, it's fairly common.

Checked that, I even removed the card and cleaned the gold contacts with some good rubbing alcohol and still nothing,

And those cables are the signal cables from the LCD. It should still show up in windows if the antenna's were off.

Back