Wireless Docking Station for a Mac Book

Landmine

Limp Gawd
My boss wanted me to look into getting him a new Apple Laptop with a wireless docking station. Does such a thing even exist? If so, does it work well?

Google is turning up nothing of value.

/shrug, it's not "wireless" but I use a Thunderbolt Apple Cinema. So there are 2 plugs that plug into the laptop (power and thunderbolt).

And since you basically need power, it's only 1 extra plug.

Everything else is plugged into/wirelessly attached to the ACD

Which MacBook does he have? (exact model like MD101xx/A - not just MacBook 13")

Apple should be refreshing their Thunderbolt Display line in October at the Mac press conference.

Apple should be refreshing their Thunderbolt Display line in October at the Mac press conference.

They might, but "should" is a stretch. With the new Mac Pro coming out, it's an excellent time to do so—especially if they add Thunderbolt ports—but that doesn't mean they will.

They might, but "should" is a stretch. With the new Mac Pro coming out, it's an excellent time to do so—especially if they add Thunderbolt ports—but that doesn't mean they will.

Well with the new Mac Pro having 6 Thunderbolt 2 ports and the MacBook Pro w/Retina also getting Thunderbolt 2 ports I think it is likely we will see an updated Thunderbolt display with Thunderbolt 2 and MagSafe 2

Well with the new Mac Pro having 6 Thunderbolt 2 ports and the MacBook Pro w/Retina also getting Thunderbolt 2 ports I think it is likely we will see an updated Thunderbolt display with Thunderbolt 2 and MagSafe 2

Could very well be. I just think we should stop short of using the word "should" to describe Apple's possible future actions. Apple likes to replace old products with new products, and I'm not talking about product refreshes. For all we know, they could be working on a new display line that knocks off the Thunderbolt Display.

Otherwise, I agree that updating the Thunderbolt Display at the same time as the new Mac Pro is released is a really good idea.

Back