Wireless desktop

sprocket

Gawd
For my current casemod I would like to incorporate the reciever for my Microsoft wireless desktop into the case itself.
I did this to a previous mod by simply taking the entire unit and sticky taping it onto the structure and cutting a hole in the case panel to give unfettered access to the outside.
Worked great.
This time I'd like to be a little more elegant about it....perhaps a small external antenna on the case roof ( cell phone antenna?), but I really know nothing about that sort of technology.
Any input would be appreciated.

You could hide the receiver behind a painted piece of plexiglass/acrylic/whatever on the front of the computer. That would allow the radio waves to pass through without making the receiver visible.

the antenna for all of the microsoft wireless products is built right into the circut board. if you wanted to relocate it, you would have to cut the trace, solder on a shiled lengh of wire, and then recreate the antenna with the exact lengh of wire. it would be a lot easer to just make the recever into some part on the outside of the case... perhaps molded with bondo onto the back of a custom fan controler that bulged out of the top

Back