• want it

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Wired charging is the way to go

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
Who uses or is interested in using wireless charging.
If you have used it what do you think. Is it a waste of desk space, does it work well charging more than one device at a time, do you want one in every room, or do you use your cable still most of the time.

err... this poll's options are ridiculously worded... Good luck.

I only charge my phone at night when I'm asleep, don't see a point in wireless charging for me.

When the wife and I had Nexus 5's it was great. Charger was on the end table next to the couch. Walk in drop the phone on it and let it charge a little bit. Very convenient. She murdered her battery every day due to constant use (and not plugging it in at night for a full charge) so being able to constantly have it charging off and on was great.

Now she's on an iPhone 6 which of course can't do that and my Nexus 6 doesn't sit right on the charger I have so positioning it correctly is a pain. My Nexus 6 is better charging off the Moto charger anyways if low enough because of the turbo charging. :)

When the wife and I had Nexus 5's it was great. Charger was on the end table next to the couch. Walk in drop the phone on it and let it charge a little bit. Very convenient. She murdered her battery every day due to constant use (and not plugging it in at night for a full charge) so being able to constantly have it charging off and on was great.

Now she's on an iPhone 6 which of course can't do that and my Nexus 6 doesn't sit right on the charger I have so positioning it correctly is a pain. My Nexus 6 is better charging off the Moto charger anyways if low enough because of the turbo charging. :)

I have a Tylt Vu on my bedside table, works like a charm and holds my Nexus 6 just fine and positioning is easy for an overnight charge.

Quick charging is great for quick fillups ofc.

Major attraction is convenience and less wear and tear on the connector. If you're frequently in and out of office and hit the road it's a major convenience to plop it on a mat and dashboard cradle instead of fidgeting with plugging in or lining up connector.

No need for it right now. I wouldn't pay extra for it, but wouldnt mind having it either.

Back