Wireless card (Netgear WG311v3) and Vista x64 problem.

VoodooChi|d

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok I installed x64 Vista Ultimate on my PC. Almost all the drivers automatically updated except for 2. The sound adapter and the Netgear card. I found the sound adapter driver for Vista online and installed it no problem. After a bit of searching I finally found some beta drivers for the Netgear card on the Netgear website. Included in the zip were drivers for both 32 and 64 bit Vista. After trying to install the 64 bit driver and saying it successfully installed it just gave me a "Code 10 This device cannot start".

I have looked on a bunch of sites and it appears that while the 32 bit beta drivers work the 64 bit ones do not. I don't know what to do because it is nearly impossible for me to run a cable into the room where the computer is. Do I just have to stick it out until the real drivers are released or a revision of the beta comes out?

TTT :(

Mods, if this is in the wrong section feel free to move. I wasn't quite sure where to post this.

I have looked on a bunch of sites and it appears that while the 32 bit beta drivers work the 64 bit ones do not. I don't know what to do because it is nearly impossible for me to run a cable into the room where the computer is. Do I just have to stick it out until the real drivers are released or a revision of the beta comes out?

You basically asked and answered your own question... what did you need us to do?

I believe it uses a Marvell chip and I know that sometimes Marvell has their own drivers or other wireless cards use the same chip and therefore can share drivers. I didn't know if anyone who had this card had found a fix.

what did they say on netgear's forums?

Very little activity. What little there is just seems to be the "wait" approach.

Fortunately I have my laptop for now and if I have to I can get another wireless card but this is somewhat annoying.

Back