Wired Magazine 12 month subscription -- $1.99

never read this mag before, but for 2 bucks how can you pass?

nice one!

I just got my subscription from cheapmags.com for like $3.50 ... man, and I thought I had found a deal... but no matter

the magazine is great, lots of awesome artical about stuff like supplemental energy cars, space exploration, the newest technology... the top stories from any future-tech show. Stuff like army suits of the future and millitary vehicals designed to be driven without ppl, via onboard computer + gps and how different colleges were having the competitions for this.

Reviews of movies and technology used to make them... and fun stuff like a japanese column where they showed how the new generation of japanese girls are buying these large black contact lenses to look more like anime characters. I thought that was awesome, and I wanted a pair, but none were sold in the US :p

wasnt the editor of wired mag convicted of computer hacking crimes back in the day?

anyhow good mag, was prolly the first computer/tech magazine ive subscribed to that fueled my computer obsession that will ultimately lead to my demise. or bankruptcy.

worked, theres shouldnt be a space when you paste the code. :D

ty ty

still works, 2 clams for some terlet-side reading material FTW!

Honestly WIRED used to be a hardcore techno-junkie-fringe sorta publication. They sold out and toned it down ALOT in the last 5 years. Its like all the writers/editors turned 35 and had kids and realized they like money more then promoting quasi-legal activities. More power to them I guess. Still a decent read despite the thinly veiled product promotion. ;)

I wonder how much additional junk mail you'll start to receive after signing up.. I think I'll pass :(

urbsnspices said:
still works, 2 clams for some terlet-side reading material FTW!

Honestly WIRED used to be a hardcore techno-junkie-fringe sorta publication. They sold out and toned it down ALOT in the last 5 years. Its like all the writers/editors turned 35 and had kids and realized they like money more then promoting quasi-legal activities. More power to them I guess. Still a decent read despite the thinly veiled product promotion. ;)
I subscribed this fall and I won't be renewing.

I don't hate Wired; it's not a bad rag. But the magazine is hard to navigate (tons of ads, plus little one-page blurb articles that seem to come out of nowhere) and the fact that Wired pretty much publishes all the best articles (if not the entire magazine) for free on their web site makes me wonder why I should pay for the paper version. I'm not blocking the ads on their website, and they're far less intrusive to my reading there, so I think I'll just read it there from now on.

LoneWolf said:
I'm not blocking the ads on their website, and they're far less intrusive to my reading there, so I think I'll just read it there from now on.

Not a bad idea. The problem is I dont have a bathroom laptop so the paper version is really handy for when Im taking a Major Deegan. For 17 cents an issue I think I can finally move up from reading the same damn shampoo bottle again and again. For awhile I was changing shampoo brands weekly, just to keep up on the current events.

ya the old Wired was good, i never bothered to renew a few years back but for 2 bucks, why not, another mag to have lying around the house.

Thanks for the code.

dead?
"Your order total must exceed $1.00 before this discount voucher may be used. Restricted titles apply towards this minimum order amount only for percentage-off discount codes. Restricted titles do not apply towards this minimum for any dollar-off discount codes.

Back