Wired Controller for PS5?

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
After gaming on PC for over ten years (last console was xbox 360) I'm thinking of purchasing a PS5 but need to know if Sony sells a wired controller. The plan is to hook up the PS5 to my TV in the basement and put the PS5 in a different room that's right next to the TV for a totally silent experience. All I can find are wireless controllers on Amazon. By the way, has anyone bought the PS5 on Amazon? They have them for sale for $500 but it's by "invitation only". I put myself on the list but never got an invitation in the email and I'm a prime member.

The plan is to hook up the PS5 to my TV in the basement and put the PS5 in a different room that's right next to the TV...
What..?

The PS5 is virtually silent already. If you can hear it at all, you're playing in a recording booth with your speakers or headphones off.

Why can't you just get a longer USB cable? From testing I seen there is more latency using the USB cable over wireless with the PS5 controller. Liked T4rd said the PS5 is virtually silent. Only time I actually hear mine is when installing from a disc.

The wireless tech in both the PS5 and Xbox controllers is phenomenal. If you're able to find a USB cable long enough to stretch between the PS5 and where you are, it'll likely work flawlessly via wireless at the same distance. I forgot to change the pairing on one of mine and it working from 2 floors up.

The wireless tech in both the PS5 and Xbox controllers is phenomenal. If you're able to find a USB cable long enough to stretch between the PS5 and where you are, it'll likely work flawlessly via wireless at the same distance. I forgot to change the pairing on one of mine and it working from 2 floors up.
I agree. The tech in the current generation has advanced to the point where I don't notice the input lag anymore. I'm kind of amazed they were able to pull that off with Bluetooth in the Dualsense. The only issue I have with the Dualsense, as has been the case with all Sony controllers, is the batteries die quickly. I can only get 8-10 hours out of the Dualsense compared to 35-40 hours out of the Xbox controller. The USB-C cable that comes with the PS5 is hilariously short, so I bought a 15 footer to use with the Dualsense while it charges.

Unless you're going through multiple brick walls or floors the wireless signal will likely still reach. Both my PS4 and PS5 controllers can communicate wirelessly from the 2nd floor to the 1st.

After gaming on PC for over ten years (last console was xbox 360) I'm thinking of purchasing a PS5 but need to know if Sony sells a wired controller. The plan is to hook up the PS5 to my TV in the basement and put the PS5 in a different room that's right next to the TV for a totally silent experience. All I can find are wireless controllers on Amazon. By the way, has anyone bought the PS5 on Amazon? They have them for sale for $500 but it's by "invitation only". I put myself on the list but never got an invitation in the email and I'm a prime member.
If you want wire-----the official PS5 controller can be connected with a USB cable. The controller has a USB-C port and comes with a C to A cable. So, you can get a USB-A extension cable.

The PS5 has controller options for how the controller works, when connected with a wire. You can tell the controller to connect to the PS5 wirelessly (Its bluetooth) for play and only use the cable for power/charging. Or, you can set it so it uses the cable for both play and power.

I've had a PS5 since launch and it's super quiet. I'm guessing you might have been traumatized by a PS4; I had a PS4 Pro and its fans would cause it to resonate with the shelf it was on; I could hear it over loud audio. I have not played a disc-based game on PS5, so I can't speak for noise from the disc drive, but its fans are quiet.

I've had a PS5 since launch and it's super quiet. I'm guessing you might have been traumatized by a PS4; I had a PS4 Pro and its fans would cause it to resonate with the shelf it was on; I could hear it over loud audio. I have not played a disc-based game on PS5, so I can't speak for noise from the disc drive, but its fans are quiet.
I play discs with mine all the time. Its very quiet.

I play discs with mine all the time. Its very quiet.
Because once the game is installed from the disc, it's only there as licence check afterwards to launch the game. But it's a little noisy during the game install from the disc. At least mine was during the only disc game install I've done so far because CP2077 was on sale for $10 for the disc version.

Yeah I wouldn't say the disc spinning is loud (its quieter than an Xbox 360). But it certainly makes noise which you can hear. But it seems rare that it spins up, during actual gameplay.

I installed and run GT7 from the disc. It is extremely noisy during installation, but it doesn't make any noise doing the disc check at startup.

Back