Wired and wireless in one card

truffle00

2[H]4U
My brother has a computer that he'd like to be able to connect to both wired and wireless networks. Trouble is, it's a Shuttle (with a burned-out built in ethernet chip) so he only has one PCI slot. Are there any cards out there that have both wired and wireless chips and ports on them?

Nothing springs to mind, even in PCMCIA, the king of multi use cards.

The only solution I can think of, get an ethernet card, a switch and an access point. Access point can work as a client, the switch will give him the option to use ethernet.

Any warranty left on it? If not...even replacing the motherboard will be pretty close in price to going out and purchasing both a wired and wireless NIC.

I'm pretty sure their is a card by asus (or some other mobo manufacturer) that does that +firewire. There was a thread in a forum I was skimming through about it. Not sure if they ever got the drivers working for it though.

Rakinos said:
I'm pretty sure their is a card by asus (or some other mobo manufacturer) that does that +firewire. There was a thread in a forum I was skimming through about it. Not sure if they ever got the drivers working for it though.
That's exactly what I was thinking of. I can't remember where I saw it, though. I looked through about 15 pages in hotdeals and didn't see it. :(

edit: duh, it was right here in networking. :D It's not looking very promising, though.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=982656

Back