WinXP Pro Activation

Zippeh

Limp Gawd
Just got my copy of WinXP Pro, knowing my computer ill have to reinstall it in a couple of days, so if i activate it now, can i activate it again? What do i do if i gotta reinstall?

Also, how the hell do i lock the screen like i could do in 2k pro? I could just do Ctrl-Alt-Delete and do it from there, but with this i just get a task manager.

TIA

Yes, you should be able to activate it again. I don't think there will be any problem as long as it is the same person.

As far as locking your screen, you can do a "windows key - L" and that will lock it. It will actually put you back to the login screen, but your apps will stay running.

I would do it online, since it is fast and you don't have to work through the damn phone menus.

Doing it online takes all of 8 seconds. Only call them when you are having problems activating it.

@Kriegführung - Damn you and your speedyness (sp?)

You have 30 days before you have to activate the OS, so you can make changes, tweak, swap parts and get it stable before you lock in your configuration by registering. :)

Yes, if you change your hardware after an activation, you're going to have to call MS up to get the activation codes or what not. Wait, get it stable, then activate... like ^ and ^^ and ^^^ said. :)

Too late im afraid :S

Ah well, at least now i know i can re-activate it if i have to, even tho itll probably be a pain in the arse

It won't be a pain. All I would suggest is that when you reinstall, do it on a day where you have an extra five minutes to do the phone activation, as that will be all the time you need to take for them.

Originally posted by Kriegführung
I would do it online, since it is fast and you don't have to work through the damn phone menus.

now you can just type the numbers in on your phones keypad so if you have to activate again it's alot easier than talking it in.

Back