WinXP 64Bit Trial Beta.....M6805/M6807???

Threader

Limp Gawd
WinXP 64Bit Trial Beta.....M6805/M6807???

Who has downloaded it and installed it on the Emachines M6805/M6807?

WinXP 64-bit 360 DAY TRIAL

Can you make a dual boot? I don't want to lose my current WinXP Home setup.

I am downloading right now and will only install it if the Broadcom wireless, VIA AC97 Sound and ATI 3d Works.

beat me to the post. DLing now. 30min to DL, then give me 2 hrs to install/tweak. I'll report back.

Originally posted by lopoetve
beat me to the post. DLing now. 30min to DL, then give me 2 hrs to install/tweak. I'll report back.

Are you going to do a dual boot?

Originally posted by Threader
Are you going to do a dual boot?

Yes. Make a space for a separate partition (partition magic), and then just install. NTldr will do the rest for you.

Been there done that. My site is getting hammered with the AC97 codec download. Dual booting is easy, but you have to resize you partition or you will loose it. ATI does not have a direct 3d driver for XP - 64. Check out my post in AMD Only to contact ATI and ask for drivers.

install crashes while copying files. will try again, and report back.

This seems to be a regular problem with 64-bit OS's and this system. I can't get a one of them to work. Maybe it's time to take it back for a replacement, I'm still in the 14 days.

EDIT: Nevermind :)

Just didn't give it long enough. LONG pause in copying files. Several of them, for that matter.

That brought it back all but once. One time, it stopped for about 1.5 min, and then went. Mouse frozen, etc, then it went.

It's up. No Audio, no video, no wireless drivers, but it's up.

Audio -> Via Hyperion drivers install, and install the sound set, but it doesn't seem to take. Probably a bug.

Video -> doesn't exist

Wireless -> same.

I posted AC'97 drivers if you search you will find them. The only reason you don't have video drivers is you haven't bothered ATI enough.

nVidia has drivers up on their site, use an old card for the time being, doesn't sound like you are going to game on it anyway.

Originally posted by olaf2821
nVidia has drivers up on their site, use an old card for the time being, doesn't sound like you are going to game on it anyway.

"use an old card"

in a laptop?

Video works. go to drivers tab, Change drivers from default VGA.
Choose your own driversfrom list. ATI shows up.

I chose Radeon 9600 family (no mobile driver) and the best resolution is 1280 x 800. No 1200 x 800 available.

3dmark2001 ran as so di 3Dmark2003. I stopped the bench s short cause it was late. When I get home will bench,

AtiTools did not work. So all benches will be stock.

Will try for sound and wireless tonight as well

Video works. go to drivers tab, Change drivers from default VGA.
Choose your own driversfrom list. ATI shows up.

I chose Radeon 9600 family (no mobile driver) and the best resolution is 1280 x 800. No 1200 x 800 available.

3dmark2001 ran as so di 3Dmark2003. I stopped the bench s short cause it was late. When I get home will bench,

AtiTools did not work. So all benches will be stock.

Will try for sound and wireless tonight as well

but...the resolution is 1280x800, not 1200x800??

W00t...He is right there are ATi Drivers in XP 64!!! They were hiding uncheck compatible hardware and choose ATI done deal! There is no 1024x768 just 1280x800.

Originally posted by NecessaryEvil
but...the resolution is 1280x800, not 1200x800??

Yes becuase you have to chose desktop Radeon9600 drivers and since they are not mobile drivers, then I guess 1200 x 800 is not an available option. Maybe an aftermarket screen rez and refresh program can hack the resolution. Not sure if it will work in 64bit Xp. You can always try and let us all know.

For me I'm just overjoyed to get some 3d drivers in WinXP 64 :D

WOOT!!!!!!!!!:p

Originally posted by Kingofl337
I posted AC'97 drivers if you search you will find them. The only reason you don't have video drivers is you haven't bothered ATI enough.

HARDOCP Forums SEARCH function disabled.

Maybe this is it

VIA 64bit drivers

DOH! AUDIO does not install. I try even pointing to the Driver file that installs itself to an X86 folder but WinXP 64 refuses to intsall them.

Anyone have any luck intsalling these drivers for audio?

I would give anything for some Broadcom Wireless Drivers right now. Please post any leads you may have on where and when they could be available for WinXP 64-bit.

Thanks

hehe E-mail broadcom!

3D Mark Chokes on my laptop in XP64 When it gets to the Battle of Proxicon and Troll Tests.

Threader,

Correct me if im wrong but...

Emachines are default at 1280 x 800 not 1200 x 800. Why would anyone want 1200x800 anyway (even though you can't choose it)

Originally posted by scatpack
correct me if im wrong but...

Emachines are default at 1280 x 800 not 1200 x 800. Why would anyone want 1200x800 anyway (even though you can't choose it)

You're right.

Im really disappointed.

Its been 24 hrs with WinXP64 and yet.... not one benchmark!

;)

Ok all numbers are at default drivers and system speeds. No overclocking.

Benchmark programs are the same 32bit programs.

3dmark2001se Emachines WinXP home = 9000
WinXP 64-bit = 7862

3dmark2003 Emachines WinXP home= 2400 WinXP 64-bit = 1489

SuperPI = Emachines WinXP home = 48secs WinXP 64-bit = 47secs

thats it. Need optimized 64bit benchmarking software.
Default Graphics drivers on WinXP 64-bit for ATI SUCK but at least hey work. Like someone said. Some 3dmark2003 tests were zero frame slideshows. Looks like something is wrong with Via AGP of AGTI drivers here.

I look forward to getting upgraded drivers from Windows Update or Emachines in the near future.

Still need AC'97 working drivers.

To be honest... thats the performance i expected. From what Ive heard these are definitely a non-optimized version of Xp64 for now.

But that WILL change. When is anyones guess.

HARDOCP Forums SEARCH function disabled.

Maybe this is it

VIA 64bit drivers

DOH! AUDIO does not install. I try even pointing to the Driver file that installs itself to an X86 folder but WinXP 64 refuses to intsall them.

Anyone have any luck intsalling these drivers for audio?

Nope. Couldn't on my first one. I'll try this one again, when I get the partitions and everything right...

Pain in the butt...

For now only useful drivers for Us m6805/M6807 owners is the GOOD :D AC'97 drivers in their audio section.

WinXP 64 drivers

AC'97 now works great!!

Ok now next Priority is Broadcom Wireless drivers.

Then integrated USB Flash Memory readers

Then low priority Modem

Enjoy!

PS. btw. has anyone noticed how our lappys run at 1800mhz on batteries with WinXP 64-bit ;)

For now only useful drivers for Us m6805/M6807 owners is the GOOD :D AC'97 drivers in their audio section.

WinXP 64 drivers

AC'97 now works great!!

Ok now next Priority is Broadcom Wireless drivers.

Then integrated USB Flash Memory readers

Then low priority Modem

Enjoy!

PS. btw. has anyone noticed how our lappys run at 1800mhz on batteries with WinXP 64-bit ;)

yuck

There is something wrong with powersaving in XP-64. It checks keyboard/mouse movements and throttles back when they aren't being used. This is the same problem many people have on the install having to keep moving the mouse.

My install of WinXP 64-bit was smooth and lag free and I never needed to touch my mouse or keyboard to keep the install process moving along. My M6807 happily absorbed the new OS :)

Back