WinRAR Updated to Version 3.91, Adds tar.bz2 Support

I use WinRAR for public archives because it's like the IE of archive programs (especially in the gaming community which is where most of my net friends are from), but 7zip for personal. 7zip in my personal use for example got the Adobe Master Collection down to 6-point-something GB to fit on a DL-DVD vs the 8-something GB it was when I downloaded it. To be honest it would be nice to have 7zip only installed but I really don't mind Winrar as much as my previous comment about it would lead to believe.

Winrar can extract files from some installers. Last time I checked 7zip, it couldn't do that, so I just continued using winrar.

I like 7zip because it's free and open source, but WinRAR is still good and seems to work a bit better with all types of archives, therefore using both..

the only thing keeping me with winrar is how it can extract everything from a folder with one click. I wish 7zip could do that :(

/waits for someone to call me an idiot and show me how to do it in 7zip

the only thing keeping me with winrar is how it can extract everything from a folder with one click. I wish 7zip could do that :(

I'm not even going to tell you how to do it, just that it is right there in the right click contextual menu.... :rolleyes:

Yes, 7zip will do this.

lies! how?

say I have folder Lost.S01

I can go inside WinRar and select the folder and hit extract, and it searches the entire Lost.S01 folder and will extract every single archive...

I don't see it in my right click menu or inside 7zip

One thing people are failing to mention, if you are still "acquiring" stuff that are packaged in multiple RAR's, you are looking in the wrong/out-dated places. Get with the times people. ;) This isn't 1999 anymore.

One thing people are failing to mention, if you are still "acquiring" stuff that are packaged in multiple RAR's, you are looking in the wrong/out-dated places. Get with the times people. ;) This isn't 1999 anymore.

the multiple files help racers trade faster, but other then that yes it's not necessary...

Back