Windows XP x64 connection issue

GN85

Limp Gawd
Always been fine; suddenly I've been getting slower download speeds on Azureus, and I also just noticed that my latency in counter strike blows major c#$%. Now I don't know where to start trouble shooting, but I have a feeling that it could be some windows updates that I've recently installed. Any ideas?

I usually unplug my modem for a few seconds and then plug it back in which takes care of that for me. In some cases doing the same for your router, if you use one, will also have the same effect.

I'd probably say it means your neighbors are leeching the hell outta the bandwidth on your node if you're on a cable Internet connection (it's shared, yanno). If not cable and you're on DSL, perhaps the ISP is throttling BitTorrent activity and other stuff, who knows.

If you're on some other type of connection, probably just other people using it as well.

I seriously doubt that the OS would just suddenly throw on the brakes, as the case may be.

Yeah it's not my OS. I thought MS might have limited the number of connections, but then I read about it, and people say that they only do it on non-64 bit XP, since XP x64 is based on server 2003, and limiting the # of connections on a server would be kind of.....

Anyways, I came home this afternoon, and the pings are back down to double digits. I was getting some servers with 500 and even 1000 ping this morning! Next time this happens I guess I'll call my ISP.

Thanks for the replies guys. :)

Where are you? I'm in the San Francisco Bay area on Comcast and it's been kinda weird the last several hours. Sometimes it seems ok, other times it seems to jam up on the most unlikely pages (ie. google). I figured Comcast was having some problem.

Where are you? I'm in the San Francisco Bay area on Comcast and it's been kinda weird the last several hours. Sometimes it seems ok, other times it seems to jam up on the most unlikely pages (ie. google). I figured Comcast was having some problem.

I'm in Montreal Canada, not really close lol.

I had the problem you're having before. Resetting the router and modem solved the problem.

Back