Windows XP SP3 *EDIT: RC sorry

It's just the RC, not the final release. There are usually beta and RC releases before the final release to the world. I wouldn't download this yet. Wait for the official release. Goodness knows we beta test too much of Microsoft's work in supposedly production releases anyway.:rolleyes:

It's just the RC, not the final release. There are usually beta and RC releases before the final release to the world. I wouldn't download this yet. Wait for the official release. Goodness knows we beta test too much of Microsoft's work in supposedly production releases anyway.:rolleyes:

Everybody says that vista is a beta test. Well if you have ever used massively popular/complex software you'll quickly find out there are many bugs. Firefox has bugs up the wazoo, WoW has frequently been called a giant beta test, windows, linux all have lots of bugs. Any software that is popular or is complex will always have lots of bugs found.

I have the SP3 RC and it has sped up my game server connectivity by tenfold. Where I used to have to wait for 2-10 seconds before connecting (or timing out) to COD4 it now connects in less than a second, every time. This started happening immediately after SP3RC/Reboot.

There are no other visible effects. Samsung magictune needed an update after the SP though. So far everything works either normal or better than before.

Nope.
Ill let other suckers find the problems first :)

LOL..I downloaded it, but I'm afraid to install it..
I don't need any problems with my gaming rig... on a 5 day weekend....:)

Maybe Ill put it on a test box and see what breaks....

Runs fine for me. No issues, infact.... I can't tell any difference, but then again XP is about as fast as it's going to get on my rig...

im running it flawlessly on my machine... a nice venture away from the devil that is vista that was previously installed on my computer.

Back