Windows XP + SP2 + IE

GeForceX

Supreme [H]ardness
What are your say on this? Has IE been improved? Does IE *finally* work, especially with its settings of clearing the history, etc.? As far as I know, it seems to operate fine for the average user but I wouldn't know much about for the extensive/advanced user.

Feedback would be nice.

-J.

It seems the pop-up blocker is ok - you can click the info bar to un-block a popup you want to run, the firewall stops incomming connections to applications but not out-going (where as Zone Alarm does, for example).

Only found one web app that it broke - a web based molecule render program base on Chime. It wont run for toffee. But that's from about 60 different apps that we use as standard.

So yes, sp 2 is "ok". But most power users will want to have no ads, zone alarm and firefox installed still.

Just my 0.02 pence

L

Actually, it made my system unstable, didn't notice much improvement to ie, and I hate software firewalls. But for the average user, it might do some good, esp. the popup blocking, but I wish there were more active controls against malware... that's the biggest PITA.

Well, IMO it is better for the so-called n00bs while it is sort of degrading on the experience for the l33ts.

-J.

Back