WIndows XP Retirement Nightmares

Glad I am no longer responsible for desktop deployments. Place I used to work had about 1500 machines and only 100 of them were windows 7. All the rest were windows xp

I haven't seen an XP box on a military base in a very long time.

(not counting special systems not connected to the internet)

Nope. The federal gov is all over the migration. I work for the US Courts and most of us are done. It is no joke. Big push.

my nightmare? the helpdesk and desktop client support group, pushing ghost cast images over the lan and wan, then come complaining to me that the network is slow. (multi casting over our WAN...FML) Some of our remote sites only have a 5mb connection.

Second, using ms sccm to push out full images instead of pushing a base load.

third, dealing with an idiot help desk and desktop support group,

fourth, dealing with an idiot help desk and desktop support group,

5th....

6th..

Before I left my last place 2 years ago, we were fortunate to get new computer (1 year early than the company replacement cycle) Me and one other guy imaged about 80 computers a day (basic OS, drivers) Once we placed the correct computer in the right OU, software was pushed out to those computers automatically. We deployed 90 computers to the back office over a weekend, though come monday morning when back office staff came it, things were a little hetic but I would not say disaster.

Back