Windows XP Practical jokes

XOR != OR

[H]F Junkie
Someone is using my computer when I am not around, and while I'm "ok" with that, I'd like to do a little tormenting so they ask me permission first.

To that end, I'd like practical joke ideas. I used to have a program that would move windows away from the mouse, and if I could find that again I'd be thrilled. But anything else would do, from hi to low tech. Obviously I do not want to damage my computer, nor do I wish to comprimise the privacy of the person in question.

Thanks all.

Heh, I've done something similar. Took a screen shot of their desktop, set it as their background then hid all their shortcuts and windows.

:D

I did something along those lines a long time ago, but also added an error message to the middle of the wallpaper, and the person kept trying to hit OK, and thought his system was locking up, since it obviously did nothing. :)

www.rjlsoftware.com/software/entertainment/mouseclicks

That one's been good for some good laughs at my office.

The wallpaper with the error message was one of the greatest pranks played on another guy I work with. Especially since for every little problem he has, he comes to see me about it . It was so hard to go in there with a straight face and check out his "error message". Which, by the way, said "error between keyboard and chair".

Most video card drivers supprot screen rotation. Rotate 180 degrees. Also if you have a logitech mouse you can invert the axisis, so the mouse will work corectly, just everything will be upside down. Or just invert the Axsis on the mouse.

use the microsoft blue screen of death screensaver, it pops up a bluescreen and then goes threw the bootup process, it doesnt reall go threw the bootup process but it does look like it onscreen.

I use it as my screensaver and only by pushing escape will it stop working and go back to desktop, moving the mouse and pushing keyboard buttons doesnt disable the screensaver, only escape :)

use the microsoft blue screen of death screensaver, it pops up a bluescreen and then goes threw the bootup process, it doesnt reall go threw the bootup process but it does look like it onscreen.

I use it as my screensaver and only by pushing escape will it stop working and go back to desktop, moving the mouse and pushing keyboard buttons doesnt disable the screensaver, only escape :)

Link?

ask and you shall receive:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/BlueScreen.mspx

one word of warning though, certain virus scanners (McAfee Managed Virus Defense anyways) tag this as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) so be careful; or if you are the admin just set your virus scanner to allow it.................. check out the other sysinternals utilities too, quite useful stuff there............

EDIT: or if they all sound interesting, download the suite (1st link in the list) from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilitiesindex.mspx

Back