Windows xp media center, which TV tuner cards does it work with?

Morphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello, i am making a new HTPC and i need to know what tuner should i get or if my current tuner will work with XPMe if there is a list of current working cards out there that would be of much help. Thanks for helping me out

Since you can only get Media Center by purchasing a Media Center PC, you don't need to worry about hardware compatability. ;)

OMG...
Unless you're a pirate! :eek:

lol

S1nF1xx said:
Since you can only get Media Center by purchasing a Media Center PC, you don't need to worry about hardware compatability. ;)
OMG...
Unless you're a pirate! :eek:

That's not the only way to get it - don't make assumptions of piracy if you don't know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Back on topic:

AIW cards work fine with MC, not sure of other cards.

Well its not a pirated edition, My friend gave me his Media machine for about $200 cuz the chip fried so i took the hdd and ram and then i am making a new one so i am going to get a tuner that works with it. Dont jump to conclusions

I personally use the PVR-250 with my MCE box. It is a great, hardware based TV tuner. My only regret was not waiting for the PVR-250 MCE Edition that is now floating around the web. I would love to have an FM tuner in my MCE box as well.

As for getting a copy of MCE, there are other legit ways of getting it. I, for example, have an uncle that is an MSDN member. I asked him for a copy to play with and he was gracious enough to oblige my curiosity.

Back