Windows XP Install process; First Boot

XOR != OR

[H]F Junkie
I've been given the assignment of building a new ISO for our workstations which include all the latest drivers and applications we need for our environment. I've pretty much got the thing set ( nlite, ask for it by name! ), but there is a process which runs on first boot which I want to remove from the image. I'm having a hell of a time finding it. I'm not sure if it's part of the standard XP installation process, or if it's an HP only thing. The window is called "Welcome to Windows XP", and it steps the user through registering, activating and setting up a user account on the local system. Obviously I won't need this, as it only creates more work for me later.

Any tips on how to remove this, or even where to look in the image? It's not under $OEM$, I checked that first.

nLite does this. Your basically just generating an answer sheet for that stuff. There is a part of nLite you can choose to put in your COA key and choose what settings you want for the installation process.

That's called OOBE. What you want is minisetup. It's a config in the sysprep.inf.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Back