WIndows XP disk space

TheCommander

2[H]4U
Does anyone have a rough idea on how much space both Windows XP Pro and Service Pack 3 take up? I have an old 6gig hard drive and am putting together another system so I was thinking of using that old hard drive instead of buying a new one.

You could probably fit a clean install of XP with SP3 in 6GB but it would leave very little room for installing programs and paging file.

It would only be used for browsing the net and creating basic documents so I won't need much space. It's not a problem to get another but the 6gig has been laying around so I figured I would make use of it.

you can fit a clean instal of xp sp3 on a 6 gig drive but you wont be able to do any updates.. xp sp3 with all current updates as of right now uses a little over 3 gigs.. but thats also on a system thats been running the same windows install for over 4 years now.. id check on this system but im to lazy to do all the updates on it after installing sp3..

also you would probably have issues with the page swap.. or you could just disable it if the system has enough memory..

Back