Windows XP 64 bit install & raid question

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an MSI K8N Neo4/SLI Platinum motherboard with the onboard serial raid. I have downloaded the NV Raid drivers from MSI's web site and pressed F8 to install those drivers when I start the Windows install.

I have 2 WD 36 gig Raptor hd's in a Raid 0 configuration for a total of 72 gig raid partition, this is my C: drive.. I also have a D: drive that is a 200 gig hd and an E: drive that is a 160 gig hd.

Now the problem...when I get to the screen in the Windows installation process where it ask what partition and drive to install Windows on...it only shows my 200 gig hd (as my C: drive) and my 160 gig hd (as my D: drive). It doesn't show my raided drives.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong here?

When I boot up it shows my raid is there in the bios start up screen.

First off its F6, are you hitting F6 or F8?

Are you sure you have the drives in the NVraid ports or is there another chipset for raid on the mobo?

check connections, power, and test different cables if you can.

YARDofSTUF said:
First off its F6, are you hitting F6 or F8?

Are you sure you have the drives in the NVraid ports or is there another chipset for raid on the mobo?

check connections, power, and test different cables if you can.

Sorry...typo...I'm pressing F6. This board has two SATA raid chipsets...Nvidia and Silicon Image. I can only find the Nvidia x64 drivers on MSI's web site. And Nvidia is the raid I'm using as well. My 2 raptors are hooked up to the Nvidia raid controller.

I don't believe it's cables...etc. or any of the other stuff you listed...because I still have Windows XP installed on this raid and it boots right up into it...so the raid and drives are working. Just can't get x64 to see the raid.

So you have 1 partition on the array and have windows XP on it already?

Weird that XP can use it fine, your not trying to use the same driver as XP right?

I never tried to boot of my nvraid chip, dunno.

No, not using the XP drivers. I downloaded the x64 drivers from MSI and put them on a floppy just like they said. Going through all the steps you would to install regular XP.

Yes, regular XP Pro is already on my 1 partition. I was planning on selecting this partition and formatting it and starting clean, but x64 doesn't seem to want to see that partition. So, kind of makes it tuff :eek:

During the install did it prompt you for the nvidia raid driver? Did windows setup offer a more updated driver, if so, use the Windows version and see what happens. If you don't remember it asking then you missed a step. Are you sure you pressed F6 in time?

You may want to start from scratch and redo your raid array in the bios, this will wipe out your Win32 installation, reboot, setup up raid array in bios then proceed with the install.

Save an image of your drive in case you need to go back to win32 version.

I pressed F6 to install third party drivers. Then when it read the floppy...it showed 2 NV PATA (which I don't have) and it showed 2 SATA drivers. One was called Nforce Mass Storage Driver and the other was called NVidia Raid. I've tried both and same results.

Back